Monday, August 3, 2009

Primary Colors for Birthday cards

For the Card Positioning Systems blog this week, the team played with some DRS Designs stamps. For both cards that I posted today, I paired some great, primary colored papers. I picked out this totally great verse for a belated birthday card, the flower stamp and the leaf stamp. HELLO! How many of us are late with a birthday card and isn't this just the cutest?
I just love this flower and the leaf. I did emboss both of them with clear embossing powder since that makes the color more intense. I added a punched out tiny flower to the middle of the stamped flower and added a self adhesive pearl to that.
These papers were already out on my scrapping table, so I paired them again for a quick and easy card for a child, probably a boy. I lightly drew the number on the red striped paper and then hand cut it out.
I always think this border punch is a great look for a "boy" project, notice the embossed part to it that is made more pronounced by sanding the Core'dinations cardstock.
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

SKETCH 127 – HAPPY BIRTHDAY card
Materials:
Stamps courtesy of DRS Designs – Greeting, Flower and Leaf
Cardstock – Vintage/Core’dinations
Patterned paper – Dreamy 2/Red Pin Stripe/My Minds Eye and Girl Friday/Cosmo Cricket
Border punch – Apron Lace/Fiskars
Stamp pads – Ancient Page/Clearsnap
Clear embossing powder
Sandpaper


“5” BIRTHDAY card
Materials:
Cardstock – Vintage and Core Essentials/Core’dinations
Patterned paper – Dreamy 2/My Mind’s Eye
(hand cut number 5)Border punches – Martha StewartStar brads – Making MemoriesSandpaper

13 comments:

  1. I *love* these Linda, the colors and stamping on the CPS card are fab!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that about that punch! thanks for pointing that out, they are both awesome linda!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are just THE BEST! these are both so fun and fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving your cards!! Especially the sanded coredinations with the EK border punch that is zig zagged and embossed! Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm lovin' both of your card Linda!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that belated birthday stamp. What a good idea. I also love that you freehanded the 5 on the boys birthday card. Love your skills girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful creations. I especially love the sentiment on the first.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous!! Love those colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute cards, great colors. I love how you use your border punches. It's so simple but adds so much to the card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE the cards :) Great colors and designs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE you belated Birthday card, that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are fabulous Linda! I just love the red/blue/green color combination...so fun!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love these Linda! That 5 card ROCKS!

    ReplyDelete