Thursday, August 20, 2009

Shaped card - Cuttlebug challenge

The Cuttlebug Challenge blog has a new challenge for this week and that is to create a shaped card. The examples from their team are just too much fun! I knew right away that I wanted to use these brand new Jenni Bowlin Embossed Core'dinations cardstocks. At the end of this post, I added a scan of a full piece of the papers I used so you can see what they look like.
The cardstock piece for the card base has a label shape to it. I cut the 12"x12" piece in half and then folded that in half. I cut around the label shape to give my card it's unique shape. This particular piece is from the Black Magic collection so it is black on the front side and red on the backside. When the embossed label shape is sanded as well as the edges, the red core is exposed. Plus the inside of the card is the red color.
I took a piece of tan Core Essentials Core'dinations cardstock and embossed that with a Cuttlebug embossing plate and sanded that. I then cut it to fit the inside of the label shape.
The piece going across the front of my card is the Black Magic Jenni Bowlin embossed Text cardstock. When this is sanded the red letters show up. The scallop circle piece that is under the flower is the Vanilla embossed Text cardstock. There are five different embossed patterns in five different colors. For all of them, when they are sanded, the core of the paper shows through.
This gives you a close-up look at the colors and the embossed designs.

Below are the scans of the papers I used for this card.
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)
SHAPED CARD
Materials:
Jenni Bowlin Embossed Core'dinations cardstock
Cuttlebug embossing plate
Scallop circle punch - Marvy
Silk flower - Prima
Ribbon
Sandpaper

26 comments:

Nicole said...

wow, the card is looking beautiful no doubt on it, but according to me it can be look more beautiful if you change the color combination of this card...........

Nicole

Cash Online Get Easy cash at your door step

Sandra MacLean said...

Now that is a very cool card Linda!! And I have never seen that paper before! What cool stuff you find! Have a great weekend Linda. :)

dannisdoodles said...

oh my Linda, this is so, so gorgeous, i love your floral piecing too, wow!

hugs & so much love!
danni

www.cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com

Lydia said...

Fabulous card Linda, I can't wait to get my papers!

Maggie said...

wowzer Linda I luv luv the card and I saw that new collection at CHA from Jenni and Core'dinations, it is so fabulous :)
Thank you for joining us this week:)
Maggie

Michelle said...

linda this card is beautiful and elegant... and i love what youve done with the label to create your shaped card...

TFS! and
Thanks for playing along this week at the cuttlebug challenge blog!
michelle.
http://www.cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com/

Cindy said...

How lovely this card is! Just great! Glad to see you join us with this week’s Be Inspired!

Cindy
http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com

Hilary Kanwischer said...

Love it! Aren't those folders so much fun to use?

Erin Smetak said...

This card is AWESOME!!!!! I have to try this now!!! And after seeing all the Core'dination paper, I had to get some for myself! I LOVE IT! Thanks for all the great ideas!!!!

toners said...

Linda, I think this ROCKS!! I love the colors, the embossing - everything! I'm doing some catching up on my favorite blogs today, and the work you have been doing is stunning!

N2ScrapN4Fun said...

The card is beyond AWESOME! I love it.

Beth said...

Oh Linda this is gorgeous I love it I just love the core'dination papers they are one of our sponsors at CBC
Thanks for playing along with us again this week
Hugs
Beth
http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com/

happydays525 said...

That turned out really cool Linda! Thanks for the inspo!

Katrina said...

adorable card....LOVE the cardstock...I am going to have to find some of that!

Libby said...

Wow this is just wonderful and how clever of you to get it all to match and fit in. I love Core'dinations card stock with the Cuttlebug - so many possibilities. I may just have to case this card if that's OK. Good luck with the challenge.

Cassie said...

so pretty and elegant!
thanks for joining in the fun at cuttlebug challenge blog!

wendyp said...

Wow! Linda, this is gorgeous!!! Love the soft elegant feel to it! And that flower is amazing!

June Houck said...

Beautiful, Linda! I love the elegance; like a gorgeous picture frame. It really shows off the beauty of the Core'dinations papers. So glad you entered!

June Houck
Proud DT member at Cuttlebug Challenge blog
http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com

True :) said...

Wow Linda! This one is a jaw dropper! Love love love it! Great way to use the Nestie too!
Thanks for joining us this week at “Cuttlebug Challenge Blog”
Hugs,
True :) from: "True's Gifts From The Heart"
Come check out my blog candy! ;)

Terrie B x said...

Oh `WoW` Core!!!!this card is `gorgeous` I love the shape and the pretty flower Lynda......
Thanks for joining in with the Cuttlebug Challenge:)

terrie
http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com/

Shantaie said...

this is a fantastic card full of perfect clean details!
thanks for joining us at cuttlebug challenge blog this week

Jenniwren32 said...

This is just beautiful, Linda!!!

Jackie G said...

Simply beautiful!!! I love the shape of your card...actually, I love EVERYTHING about it!!

Ramona said...

Simply said, your card is awesome. I love it.

Cindy said...

Congrats on being chosen a runner up in our Be Inspired Shape Challenge!!

Cindy
www.cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com

Michelle said...

Congratulations Linda.. on being chosen a runner up in the Be Inspired Shape Card Challenge!!

Michelle
www.cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com