Wednesday, October 7, 2009

More FLOWER goodness

Remember that wonderful flower stamp that I used the other day? It's from PaperTreyInk.
I want to use it and use it and use it!!! Plus you can see on this card the wonderful leaves that come in the same set. I used the large flower, the small flower, a large leaf and a small leaf.
First of all, I took a piece of paper and colored it with some alcohol inks and the blending solution. I used Cryogen Curious Iridescent white cardstock by CutCardStock.com. I love how this paper works with the alcohol inks and when you are finished, the paper has a slight sparkle to it that just adds to the beauty of the flowers.
I created my background behind the flowers with a Cuttlebug embossing plate and some Core'dinations cardstock. I did do a light run over with a light brown stamp pad. You can see how nice the purple and the green cardstock looks when it is sanded to expose the core of the cardstock.
*****
You thought it was fall right???? I was out and about this last week and what did I find in a garden at a shopping center? Irises in bloom. This totally caught my attention because these were one of my favorite flowers in my mom and dad's yard and it is a flower we don't see a whole lot in Southern California not to mention we shouldn't be seeing them in September!

Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

MOM – Alcohol Ink card
Materials list:
Cardstock – Core’dinations

Curious Iridescent Cryogen White/CutCardStock.com
Alcohol Inks and blending solution – Ranger
Black Versafine stamp pad
Cuttlebug embossing plate
Self adhesive pearls – Kaiser Craft
MOM sticker letters – David Walker Epoxy stickers
Corner rounder punch – Fiskars
Sandpaper

13 comments:

Pamela said...

Stunning card Linda!!! Simply gorgeous! :)

Heidi Van Laar said...

So,so beautiful Linda! The way you have colored those flowers is just stunning!

(-: Heidi

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh Linda, love the way you colored that flower.. and how amazing to find the irises in bloom.. beautiful

Marcie said...

Gorgeous card!

catchinghappiness said...

Linda, that card is so perfect. I just love the embossing on the background. I don't have a cuttlebug so I haven't tried embossing yet. You make it looks so fab I might just have to splurge! Have a great day! Amy Tara

Debbie said...

Such a beautiful card. And what a surprise to see an iris this time of year! Purple iris is my favorite flower.

toners said...

Gorgeous, as always! I'm so sorry for being a bad blog commenter lately; there's lots going on at home. I wanted to stop by and say hi, though!!! Hope all's well with you and yours :)

sam said...

lovely card and that photo is beautiful!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Wow-zers, just GORGEOUS!!

Lindalou said...

I love that flower. Great job as always. I just got that embossing plate for my Cuttlebug. Can't wait to use it. I like the idea of run a little color over the top.

Beautiful picture of the Iris.

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow, this is a beautiful flower creation. Love the colours and design. Beautiful photo of the Iris as well. Wishing you a fab weekend.
Hugs
Desire

Crystal Brothers said...

Beautiful card! I'm always in awe of your cards b/c I'm not such a great cardmaker...although I am trying to get better :)

dstandard said...

Gorgeous card!