Thursday, October 1, 2009

Turkeys and Pumpkins - Signs of Fall

I love things related to fall. The leaves, the colors, pumpkins and even turkeys! You will be surprised that I was even able to include a cupcake in the mix!
If you visited my blog earlier this week, you know that Inky Antics was the sponsor for Card Postioning Systems this whole week. I wanted to get more use from the cute set they sent me so I created another card. The circle shape is a Nestabilities and the background paper is a text print and I added a whole lot of ink from Chalk stamp pads and I also stamped the Hero Arts cloud stamp over that.
My turkey and pumpkin were colored with Copic markers and then I gave the pumpkin a good coat of Crackle coat. You can see what a fun look that gave.
The design for this card is the Unscripted Sketch #25 for this week, I just turned it on it's side. And, here is where the cupcake comes in. I love this cupcake from Pink Persimmon. It can be used for so many occasions. These papers were completely irresistable. I used a few different prints and even the reverse sides of those patterns because they all go together so wonderfully. I stamped the cupcake on two different papers and then cut all of those out to create my decorated cupcake paper and frosting.
I pulled out the little pumpkin stamp from Little Red Wagon set. That is really a little set of three pumpkins and they are meant to be stamped into the wagon, but I stamped that and just cut off the side pumpkins, making it just the right topping to my cupcake to fit in for Halloween. I colored my pumpkin with Copic markers and then coated the pumpkin with Aleene's Paper Glaze for an epoxy look.
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

TURKEY/PUMPKIN card
Materials:
Cardstock –Core Essentials/Core’dinations

Patterned paper – October Afternoon
Black stamp pad – Versafine
Clear embossing powder
Nestabilities Die – Spellbinders
Copic markers
Cloud background stamp – Hero Arts
Turkey and pumpkin stamp – Inky Antics
Loopy border punch- Martha Stewart
Twine
Chalk stamp pads – Powder puff/Quick Quotes
Sandpaper

TRICK OR TREAT card
Materials:Cardstock – Core Essentials/Core’dinations
Patterned paper – The Spider’s Web/My Mind’s Eye
Stamps – Vintage Cupcake and Little Red Wagon/Pink Persimmon
Chalk stamp pads/Powder Puff/Quick Quotes
Versafine Black stamp pad
Clear embossing powder
Clear Paper Glaze – Aleene’s®
Copic markers
Border punch – Martha Stewart
Sandpaper
3M Foam tape

10 comments:

  1. Love the cards Linda, my fave are the clouds you stamped in the background, so glad you pointed those out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do put together the cutest cards, thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are creatively beautiful Linda. Love the designs.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda... I love them both, but I love the first one best.. how cute is that turkey sitting on the pumpkin. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda, is that nesties the pinking circles? Thanks non2@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of these cards are really adorable! So glad you played along with US this week.Please come back again love to see what you create.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the crackle on the pumpkin. What a great idea. It gave it such dimension. And what a great idea to put the pumpkin on the cupcake.

    I love all the details you add to your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are just darling! I love that pumpkin sitting atop a cupcake...so cute!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  9. This are just adorable - love the stamps! Now that I'm playing with my Copic markers I'm like Stamp crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are both darling! LOVE the newsprint on the first one!

    ReplyDelete