Saturday, July 3, 2010

Gotta have MORE sketches - Unscripted sketches

Saturday holds two special things for me - one is it is my day to post a project at the Flower Soft blog. Here is a tiny peek at my project using Polar White Flower Soft. Be sure to hop on over to see the entire creation and how and why I created it.
Here is the other exciting thing about Saturday. If you have followed my blog for very long, you know I LOVE sketches. They just inspire me and that makes me happy so I will be even happier now because today is my first sketch to do with the UnScripted Design Team as a member of that fun blog. I am loving getting to know the other team members and I am looking forward to getting to create with them. How about if you take a few minutes this week to make a card using the sketch that is just below?

UnScripted Sketches is hosting Christmas in July all month long, so I thought it was fitting to create a Christmas card to go along with the sketch. I guess you call that, getting a head start on next Christmas which never hurts.

All of the supplies for my card are by October Afternoon, including this really cute, vintage tag. I made the edges of the card look a little more vintage by rubbing it with a brown Fluid chalk stamp pad.

Like I already mentioned, it is a Christmas in July celebration at UnScripted Sketches. Check out the blog for all of the good things that will be happening all month long. LOTS of fun and creativity.

***

And, I have to share some photos.

My husband and I recently took a couple days to drive through the Redwoods in Northern California. If you want a truly breathtaking trip, do this drive. There is no way to even try to explain how extremely tall and HUGE these trees are. Beauty is everywhere.

Can you see my teeny, tiny husband as he is standing among the trees? This gives you an idea of their majestic size.

Ferns are growing everywhere, blankets of ferns. I just love that curl at the tip as they are opening.
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)



Sketch 62 - MERRY CHRISTMAS
Materials:
Cardstock – Core Essentials/Core’dinations
Patterned paper – Very Merry/October Afternoon
Vintage die cut and stickers – October Afternoon

Circle template – Coluzzle

7 comments:

  1. Fabulous cards! So glad you have joined the team at US! You will definitely be an asset! Awesome pictures too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda!!! Love, love that Christmas card, it's gorgeous ;) And the little cupcake with the glitter, isn't glitter just too much fun?! Happy 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful cards!! & happy 4th of July !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfectly fantabulous card!! They are so darling! Lovin' those pics of the redwoods...it's been many years since I've seen them, but it is something you never forget. They are so magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love your cards. I love US too and I am so happy to have met you there. Congratulations on being on their wonderful team. I look forward to following you.
    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous Xmas card! Love the take on the sketch and the little spritz of holly! And the cupcake sneak peek looks great too -- love the use of the flower soft for frosting! And your trip to the Redwoods looks like so much fun! So stunning!

    ReplyDelete