Monday, September 12, 2011

Flowers, Pearls, Numbers and Buttons

I get to share a couple projects that include all of those goodies.
 My Card Positioning Systems card for this week shows off the flowers and the pearls.  Our sponsor is Want2Scrap bling.  You really need to check out the wonderful goodness this company offers, especially is you love bling. The pearls and rhinestones shapes are meant to match Spellbinders dies.
 I used a scallop oval Spellbinders Nestabilities and an oval one to fit inside the scallop one.  The oval of green pearls fit in exactly.  The flower is from Recollections. 
 This is the Unscripted sketch for this week. I love this sketch, it was so fun to use.
 I have a brand new Cricut cartridge by Close to My Heart, Art Philosophy.  I LOVE this thing. I can see that I will be using it many, many times. 

 The little row of numbers is a border from that cartridge. This sketch had an additional challenge of using numbers on the card.
And, for a couple photos...
This is what we did for Memorial Day. It was really brave of our youngest grandson to jump into his uncles arms!  I used my Hipstamatic app on my phone for the fun, old fashioned effect. 

A cool photo of our puppy dog too. I love how this film/lens combination is a black and white with a tiny hint of color. 
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

SKETCH 235 – YOU ARE A BLESSING card

Materials:
Pearls courtesy of Want2Scrap
Cardstock – Core’dinations
Patterned paper and sticker border – BasicGrey
Kreaxions circle cutter
Spellbinder scallop oval and oval Nestabilities die
Rub-on sentiment – EAD Designs/Paper Smooches
Flower - Recollections

SKETCH 123 – YOU ARE SUPER card

Materials list:
Cardstock – Core’dinations
Patterned papers – Bella Blvd.
Rub-on sentiment – EAD Designs/Paper Smooches
Buttons – PaperTrey, Inc.
Numbers border – Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge/CTMH, Font Layer, Fit to page, 10”

18 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL cards! I loveeeeeeee the leaves on that first one...and the numbers on the second one! And loveeeeeeeeeee the photos! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really great cards, Linda! Love the elegant design of the CPS card. Gorgeous flowers and die cuts, and I love how you used the pearls. The leaves are stunning, too. And I love your unscripted sketch card, also. So much fun with those numbers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello there Linda! FABULOUS card and ofcourse that pic is awesome..my you are getting so good with that camera! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantabulous cards and photos as ALWAYS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOWZER!! I just adore that top card!! So stunning!! Both cards are excellent and thanks for sharing all of your lovely photos!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  6. As always you did an amazing job on the cards! Love the elegance of the first one and your take on the second card is GREAT!

    And I love love love your photos.. (yes I know.. I say this all the time.. how boring ;-) )
    What a cute puppy :-)

    Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the second one so much!!!! great cards both of them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That cps card is breathtaking and I adore you cricut card as well! my cricut broke last night, i'm beside myself...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I too love those vintage feel apps. fun photos. And that first card is just sooooo classically lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both cards are wonderful first one just gorgeous and I love your pictures

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wowsers where do I start ?!
    I adore both of your cards esp the gorgeous flower on the 1st - must go and check out that sketch !
    And I just love what you done with the fab unscripted sketch this week - what a fun card x
    Great pic's too - thanks for sharing a peek into your world x
    Thanks also for the lovely comment you left on my blog x
    ((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic creations, Linda. Your floral card is elegant and so well designed.

    Your pictures are great...don't you just love Hipstamatic? This app is so much fun, and so are your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh great, I am stunned once your blog open right in front of my screen..
    Great card espcially the 2st one!!!
    btw, thanks so much with your unforgetable comments and I am so honored with your visit that came to my surprise!!
    do keep in touch..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous cards Linda! I lve the pearls around the flower its the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous cards Linda! I lve the pearls around the flower its the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your Vintage card and photos, Linda!

    ReplyDelete