Thursday, September 29, 2011

Glitter and Buttons

 First off, I get to share my Card Positioning Systems card with you.
 Clearsnap is our sponsor this week and we all were able to play with their Design Adhesive supplies.  It is always fun to use something that takes you "out of your box" a bit and this was one of those.
 The flourish design is pressed onto the white cardstock, it is clear and covered with adhesive. Now you can either add glitter to that or foil.  Of course, the glitter only sticks where the adhesive is and the result is a gorgeous design. Easy as can be! The label shape is cut with the Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge.
 I just had to give this great, Card Patterns sketch a try. I can see using this over and over and having each card look different.
 I decided to use buttons for the four circles you see in the sketch.  The sentiment is a rub-on by EAD Designs/Paper Smooches. I LOVE these things, I have all of them and use them constantly. 
The label shape is cut with the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge. The front label has the leaves cut out of it and then I matted that with a shadow of the label cut just a bit larger. 
Stay tuned, I plan to have a couple cards up for World Card Making day on Oct 1st!  I can't even believe they would have a special day on the calendar just for us card makers!!!
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

SKETCH 237 – LOVE-JOY-HOPE card
Materials:
Design Adhesive and Glitter courtesy of Clearsnap
Cardstock – Core’dinations
Patterned paper – Reprint/Out of Print collection/BasicGrey
Art Philosophy CTMH Cricut cartridge
Brads - Unknown
Sticker letters - Sticko

MISSING YOU LIKE CRAZY card
Materials list:
Cardstock – Core’dinations
Patterned paper – Mineral Soak/Origins collection/BasicGrey
Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge/CTMH – , 2 ¼” and Decorative layer, 2”
Rub-on sentiment – EAD Designs/Paper Smooches
Buttons – from my stash

4 comments:

  1. The first card's patterned paper really reminds me of my 7Gypsies stash, love it!!!

    It's always so fun for me to see your cricut projects :) so glad you do cricut now :) i finally caved and got a new one :) after an unexpected and early death of my previous one, sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh loving these cards! Borth of them are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are BEAUTIFUL! I always loveeeeeee the colors you use! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete