Saturday, September 3, 2011

Stickers and Stamps


 First off, I want to share my Unscripted sketch card with you.  Here is the sketch. 
 I really like the sketch this week.  It was simple and fun.  Part of the fun comes with the Little Yellow Bicycle supplies. 
 The fun flowers are stickers. I just love this particular collection of papers and stickers.
 My next card represents some "play time"! I love to experiment.  I placed a stencil down on plain white cardstock and sprayed this with the blue Chalkboard Glimmer Mist.  After I finished spraying, I realized that I had lots of spray on the entire stencil so I carefully picked it up and turned it over onto another piece of plain white cardstock.  All of that extra blue ink was now on my paper.  Next, with the stencil in place, I sprayed it with yellow so that they yellow Chalkboard Glimmer Mist colored the vine design in the stencil. I just loved the resulting combination.  I also colored white seam binding with the same yellow spray.
 The little butterflies are a stamp by Inkadinado.  I thought stamping them with the solid black was a good contrast.
And for a few photos...
 I am having a ball with my Hipstamatic camera app on my phone. I just stand and keep changing the lens and films!  We went to walk around our harbor the other day so I had to capture some photos of the boats.
 Here is another lens/film combo for a completely different look.
This photo is of some wind wheels. 
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

SKETCH 122 – THANK YOU card

Materials list:
Cardstock – Core’dinations
Patterned papers and stickers – Little Yellow Bicycle
Rub-on sentiment – EAD Designs/Paper Smooches

YOU ARE MY REASON WHY card

Materials list:
Cardstock – Core’dinations
Border and corner punch – Martha Stewart
Ribbon – Really Reasonable Ribbon
Stencil – Layers of Color
Spray mist – Chalkboard/Glimmer Mist
Butterfly stamp – Inkadinkado
Stamp sentiment – Technique Tuesday
Self adhesive rhinestones – Queen & Co.
Black Versafine stamp pad
Clear embossing powder – Stampendous

15 comments:

  1. Loveeeeeeeeeee those cards! Loving the colors and flowers on the first one and the butterflies on the second one... and loveeeeeeeeeeee the photos! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards! Love them both!
    And your photos are always stunning.. it's always a pleasure to stop by and take a look at what you've posted :) :) :)
    Have a great weekend!
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards. I love those flower stickers and that sketch is so interesting.

    I think those photo apps are so cool. I keep trying to get my daughter to download them on her iphone cause I want to play with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love both your cards and as always your have such beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love both of your cards, Linda! Great technique one the second one - I'll have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Linda! Wanted to stop and say hi and see what you have been up to. Lots of great stuff as always! Love the panels on that first card. The second with the butterfly is gorgeous! Hope you are well! :-) Amy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous cards and AWESOME photos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful cards and photos. love the background on the second card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your treatment of your photos and of course your cards are the best! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. these are beautiful cards~love the second one with the butterflies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great cards, Linda! You always have some beauties to share :) I really love the misting effect over the stencil and those lovely vines!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card! Thanks for joining us at Unscripted Sketches this week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooo, that stencil technique is wonderful and you made a gorgeous card with it, Linda!

    ReplyDelete