Sunday, December 23, 2012

Craft Dash - Quick and Easy

CAS-UAL Fridays challenge for this week is to do a Craft Dash - a 10 minute creation. This also fits the Simon Says Stamp challenge for something Christmassy.
 First of all, quick and easy is usually not in my crafting vocabulary. It takes me more then 10 minutes sometimes just to pick the color I want!!! So I figured I just had to put my mind to the challenge and to see what I could come up with. Well, guess what, I have two cards to share with you and they use my brand new Paper Smooches stamps that arrived at my door recently.  I think that NEW always has a certain piece of inspiration that comes with it.
 I picked a folding tag from one of my Cricut cartridges. This took seconds to cut out and then what made the stamped images so fast is I put three different stamps on the same block at the same time and then colored it very simply. The plaid piece is paper tape from Recollections.
 For my second card, I opened a mini pad of papers from Carta Bella, Winter Fun. The silhoutte kids, the trees and the blue flourish are all printed on the paper already. I just cut the piece to fit my card.
 I stamped the Paper Smooches sentiment and a few extra snowflakes and then gave the flourish extra accent with some blue Liquid Pearls, self adhesive rhinestones to the stamped snowflakes.
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

7 comments:

  1. These are beautiful!! I loveeeeeeee those snowflakes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful creations as always Linda. The first is lovely for a tem minute project and the second is just gorgeous. Love all the little accents. Wising you and your loved ones a blessed Christmas and all the best that 2013 has to offer. Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh Linda, both -the tag and the card- are GORGEOUS! I totally adore your projects! (and love me some Paper Smooches stamps, too *lol* ... I feel the same way like you! everytime I get my new PS stamps I just cannot wait to start creating, because I always feel totally inspired! )

    Wishing you a very merry Christmas, Linda!
    Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card and tag! And 10 minutes?? wow, that's not in my vocabulary either LOL
    Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow these are both so pretty but that second one is a stunner! Beautiful work and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your tag and card are so lovely, Linda!! So proud of you not only attempting the 10 minute challenge...but conquering it:)!! The tag is especially pretty and festive...love those Paper Smooches sentiments!! So happy you were a part of the 2 week challenge at CAS-ual Fridays...Happy New Year to you:)!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Linda! Such great creations! Love the warm and happy tag, and how clever to let the patterned paper do the job ;)
    Thanks so much for playing with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete