Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Can't have too many snowflakes!

I need to share fun news, I have a couple layouts in this issue, look for it on your newstand!
 
I guess you can tell I love having snowflakes on my cards, all kinds of snowflakes.
 For this card, I used one of the snowflake stamps in The Craft's Meow set. I wanted it to fit the retro sketch and the CAS-UAL Fridays challenge to use a score tool.  I love the Martha Stewart score board so I pulled that out to help make my pleats in the pink patterned paper.
 I stamped the snowflake with pink ink on a watercolor paper. I took a watercolor brush and slightly went over my stamping to have it bleed a bit. The snowflake button and some pink Liquid Pearls finish it.
 Here is the CAS-UAL Fridays challenge.
This is the retro sketch.
 Next up, I wanted to use the Dynamic Duos color challenge. I also pulled out one of my absolute favorite stamps, a chevron background stamp from Hero Arts.  I embossed it with a neat Ranger gold embossing powder. This makes it fit the Simon Says Stamp challenge to use a favorite.
 The black snowflake transparency is from Maya Road with a punched snowflake on top of that and a button and rhinestone on top of that.
 Here is the Dynamic Duos challenge.
And for a few fun photos...
 We had two Christmas programs this last weekend. First up, my grandson's school program.  He picked out that adorable bow tie!!! At this point, he all of a sudden started directly, following his teacher!
 One moment he was not singing, the next singing with all of his heart!
 Next up, the Church Christmas program.  He has to be the cutest little lamb ever!
He picked out this tie too, all his own idea!
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

13 comments:

  1. Congrats on the pub!!! That is AWESOME!!! I loveeeeeeee your cards!! Snowflakes are the BEST!!!! And your grandson is JUST ADORABLE!!! Loving the bowtie and tie!!!! PRECIOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda! I so agree, you can never have too many snowflakes! Love both of these - thanks for sharing your favorite with us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge this week! (And your grandson is a real CUTIE!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on your publication and your cards are gorgeous..super cute photos..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are both so lovely. I love the black and white snowflake over the gold chevrons. And those photos of your grandson are fantastic! Thank you for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the pubs, Linda! I have the magazine on my night stand but haven't had a chance to read it yet. Very sweet cards. I'm a sucker for snowflakes too. Love the pleating on the first one. Super cute Christmas show photos. The puppy ones are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these. They're both absolutely fabulous! Congratulations on being published!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the pub! Great pink and white card! The snowflakes are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your snowflake cards are beautiful. I love how you sewed the pleated paper.

    How adorable is your grandson. I love the bow tie. Too cute.

    Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty cards. Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous Snowflake Creations!! Love the pleated background panel. Congrats on the publication!!Thanks for sharing with us @ CASual Fridays this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great snowflake cards, I am loving all the layers you have used on the black and white one :) Thanks for sharing it with us at Dynamic Duos.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So gorgeous!! I love your pleats! Thanks for having some fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on your publication! great cards, and your grandson is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete