Thursday, December 27, 2012

Gotta love the color blue

My cards both use some shades of blue, always a fun color.


 First up I wanted to use the retro sketch for this week along with my super brand new Simon Says Stamp stamps!!! I just feel in love with this cute little house. I pulled out my BasicGrey Aspen Frost mini pad of papers. These papers are meant for Christmas/winter but I knew I needed to get more use from then then just one season.
 The two label shapes are cut with the Cricut. The stamp set comes with a couple doors to stamp and a couple windows plus the cut cloud outline and some sentiments. It was just made for stamping on patterned paper.
 This is the retro sketch, I just turned it.
 My next card uses some wonderful paper tapes from Recollections and a great stamp sentiment from Verve stamps.
 Are these tapes yummy!
 The pretty border is a punch and I just love this sentiment set that is a few different sentiments that can be the focus of a card.
And for a couple fun photos...
 We have had a fair amount of rain lately and I caught a glimpse of the rain drops on my plants while looking out my kitchen window.
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

7 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Linda your cards are gorgeous and I love your nature photos - beautifully captured.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

~amy~ said...

Love both of your cards Linda...that house is a-dorable and love what you've done with the tape!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are BEAUTIFUL!! I loveeeeeeeeeee that house on the first one!!!!

Annette said...

wow great cards..love that adorable house...great combo too...

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Nice! Blue is a great color. :)

Lindalou said...

Your cards are just lovely. I love that house with the raised door and window. So inviting.

Fuzzy Slippers said...

Oh my gosh, these are beautiful! Love how you used that tape. Totally gonna lift that idea! ;) Thanks for the inspiration!!