Thursday, January 8, 2015

Encouragement

Using a scripture verse on a card to a friend is such a neat way to send some encouragement.
 I got an amazing set of stamps from PaperTrey, Inc and I am trying to use these great verses as often as I can.  They mix so well with flower images.  I used the retro sketch for my inspiration on this card.


First off, I used a set of flower stamps from Altenew.  I inked the flower with various Distress Stamp pad inks and stamped them on watercolor paper. I loved the diffused result.  I then stamped the verse image over that with black ink and embossed that with clear embossing powder so the black was a little more intense.  

Here is the retro sketch.
And....
How about a sunset photo.

Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh! I think I am in love! The artsy splatters, the bright colors - it all adds up to such an amazing work of art! This is definitely going on my Pinterest board for future inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda a fun take on the sketch love your distressed flowers. Thank you for joining us at Retro Sketches!

    ReplyDelete