Friday, January 9, 2015

Your Special Day

I wanted to play along with the first sketch challenge at MFT Card Challenge (My Favorite Things) so here is my card.
 It of course meant a really good excuse to pull out some of my My Favorite Things toys.  First off, I colored a piece of watercolor paper with some Distress Stains and then left that to dry.  Next I used this background die and embossed the pattern into the colored paper.  
 I love the irregular coloring with the watercolor look.  Next I used a piece of watercolor paper that I had previously colored with some purple shades of Distress Stain and cut the butterfly.  That banner is a stamp with a matching die. I love that the banners in this set stamp black.  They really stand out as a neat accent.  I used Liquid Pearls to add some little bit of glam to the embossed background.
 Here is the MFT sketch.
This also fits the Friday Mashup challenge to use shapes.  I love the shapes in the embossed background.
This also fits the Happy Little Stampers challenge.
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful background to that pretty butterfly Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beyond beautiful! I love watercoloring and that butterfly is such a nice touch over the top! So many shapes and textures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your background is delightful as is the butterfly! Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Love the water colored background and the gorgeous butterfly--must try this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Linda. LOVE the colour of your watercoloured background ... looks amazing with the embossed design. I have never thought to dry emboss over watercolouring!! :)

    Your lacey butterfly is gorgeous!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Happy Little Stampers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Love the embossing on the background and the watercolour! Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great shape for the embossed background!

    Thanks for sharing with us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Linda,
    Such a lovely card with so much for the eye to take in! Love the watercoloring with the EF. The butterfly and sentiment are perfect! TFS with the Friday Mashup this week:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Linda, this is wonderful! Love the pinks and purples together, plus your background is so cool! Thanks for playing with us at the Friday Mashup.
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic technique, Linda! And thanks for doing the MFT sketch - yahoo!

    ReplyDelete