Decorated Pumpkin PlacecardsThere are so many ideas for cute placecards for a decorated table at Thanksgiving. These little decorated pumpkins are easy to create and make for a fun table decoration. I found these are a local craft store. They are small, lightweight, artificial pumpkins that are about 2-3" across.
1. One of my pumpkins was covered with pieces of patterned paper that were glued to the pumpkin with Mod Podge.
2. Two of the pumpkins that I have pictured here were painted with metallic paint, one a copper and one a brown/burgandy.
3. When these were dry, they were all painted with Sparkle Mod Podge by Plaid. If you haven't used this stuff, you need to pick some up on your next trip to the craft store. It is a great way to add some "bling"!
4. The felt leaves are by Queen & Co. I just cut one leaf for each pumpkin. The felt is self-adhesive, so I placed each leaf on a piece of green cardstock and then cut around each one. A long, straight pin was placed between the felt layer and the cardstock layer. The head of the straight pin was cut off first and then each one was bent at the stem of the leaf so that it could be pushed into the pumpkin.
5. The name tags were created and a hole was punched in each one. The straight pin was placed through the hole in the tag before it was pushed into the pumpkin. The material of my little pumpkins was rather soft but I did poke a preliminary hole with my paper piercer first. A dab of glue was put on the end of the straight pin that was going into the pumpkin.
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)