Monday, January 14, 2019

Browns and Blacks

I love online challenge blogs because I can find myself going in a direction in crafting that I hadn't planned on, out of my box so to say.
 The Color Throwdown Challenge for this week was a simple black, brown, white.  I thought that would be easy until I started working on it.  This might be my third attempt!!! I stamped a Simon Says Stamp background stamp in white on watercolor paper, embossed it with white embossing powder and then just blotted a brown Distress Stain all over that, letting the ink sit in puddles as it dried.  I love this "resist" technique especially with the white lines.  
 The large "thank you" die is by Altenew and the leaves are from Paper Smooches.  I covered the leaves with Nuvo Crystal Glaze. I love how easy it is to spread this liquid and how evenly it dries with a great crystal shine.  The black dots are Nuvo Crystal Drops.  I purchased both from Simon Says Stamp and they might be my new obsession.  
 Here is the Color Throwdown challenge.
And the Just Us Girls challenge.
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost0
instagram lrbeeson

1 comment:

  1. Great mix of challenges - the brown looks awesome with the white embossing. Thanks for joining in at JUGS

    ReplyDelete