Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Want some BLING!?












Bling seems to be where it's at these days. I love BLING and I love that there are so many ways to get some serious BLING or some subtle BLING. I was able to get my hands on these adorable little bottles of SHIMMERZ paint this week and of course, I had to try it on a project immediately. They come in a number of colors and all you need to do is use a paint brush and add it to your project. I'm going to try out some other techniques but this is the easiest and most obvious.

I stamped the flower and vine stamp on white cardstock with black ColorBox ink and embossed it with black Top Boss embossing powder. I didn't need to emboss it but I wanted my black lines to be as intense as possible and by embossing the image, I created little "walls" so to speak to help contain my colors. These paints wouldn't have flowed all over if I didn't have the "walls, I just think it helps with the overall look.
I let the sun shine on my colored image so that you could for sure see the BLING that comes with the Shimmerz Paints. I also stamped and colored the flower twice and cut one out so that my image is more 3-D. You can also see the embossed dots. I used a Cuttlebug embossing plate and the green paper is Core'dinations so I slightly sanded my embossed dots to reveal the underneath color of the paper.

Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

FRIENDS cardDesigner:

Materials list:
Cardstock – Core’dinations
Patterned paper – Deja Views
Flower and leaf stamp – Magenta
Friends stamp – Cornish Heritage Farms (Kim Hughes collection)
Black ink – ColorBox/Clearsnap
Black embossing powder – Top Boss/Clearsnap
Shimmerz paints
Swiss Dot Cuttlebug embossing plate – Provo Craft
Silver dot – Michaels

13 comments:

Tanis said...

WOW!! They look so pretty!!!
I love how subtle they are...I may just have to try some :)

Chris said...

oooooh I Lurve BLING and your card is adorable...you really can see the shine :)
Thanks for visiting my blog too...you rock :)
hugs
Chris xx

Lindsay Spencer said...

Very pretty. The color shows up so nice too.

Summer Fullerton said...

Lovely card Linda. The embossed paper and bling are perfect. I justadore your cards. xoxoxo

Sudie said...

Oh, wow! I have not heard of that before. thanks for letting us know. Nice card. and I am a BLING girl. Love it!

denine zielinski said...

That is so pretty! It shines so nicely!

Hilary Kanwischer said...

Oh my goodness...I LOVE how shimmery they are. Beautiful card and great technique. I must now keep a lookout for those. Thanks for sharing! :)

Lori Barnett said...

Awesome Bling indeed! I have a dozen of those Shimmerz!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!! Your card is adorable. I know in real life it looks fantastic too :)

Chriss Rollins said...

bling it on...lovely finish.
chriss x

SandieShores said...

Your card is wonderful. Love the shimmers. I REALLY have to get some.

Savor the Journey said...

Such fabboo bling you've found! Great job of 'enabling' too!
*wink*
~Bev

Keri Lee Sereika said...

neato~! I haven't seen that bling stuff yet!

lisadickinson said...

oh you had me hooked at shimmer! love love love the bling! :)