Saturday, March 27, 2010

Butterflies and Baby Chicks

I had two things I just had to try this week - one the Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger and the new digital butterfly stamps I purchased through 2 Peas in a Bucket. And this is the resulting card from those two challenges, paired with these We R Memory Keepers papers.
I don't do much digital work, I need to practice more to get the hang of it but I just love this butterfly set. There are four butterflies in the one set. I opened a Word document and inserted just this one butterfly and then I sized it to the size I wanted. I knew I wanted it to be rather large. I printed it on the Curious Iridescent Cyrogen cardstock that I just love to use. Printing on it is a dream and so is coloring with Copic markers.
I wanted to pull out all of the colors on this piece of patterned paper so my butterfly is a bit unusual as butterflies go. The center portions were then given a coat of Aleene's Paper Glaze.
***
For my next card, I have this totally adorable stamp set by Kim Hughes for Cornish Heritage Farms. I used it the other day for the Easter card that I posted. This set has so many adorable stamps in it that I just had to use more of them.
I paired this little chick with some Cosmo Cricket patterned papers and the card base is the new Cosmo Cricket Core Impressions by Core'dinations. Just a bit of sanding and the great embossed design shows up.
Is that the cutest chick?
***
Gotta share a photo from today. We took my youngest grandson out and about today to do some fun things. He kept this adorable hat on all of the time we were out which is unusual and SOOOOOO cute!
He was riding on a Fire Engine and it had a siren sound, can you see his lips? He was so into it.
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

FAITH & HOPE card
Materials list:

Cardstock – Core Impressions/Core’dinations
Curious Iridescent Cryogen White/CutCardStock.com
Patterned paper – We R Memory Keepers
Digital Stamps – Hero Arts/2 Peas in a Bucket
Copic Markers
3D Foam squares – Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L
Clear Paper Glaze – Aleene’s®
Ribbon
Word stickers - Sticko
Sandpaper


SPRING CHICK card
Materials list:
Cardstock – Core Impressions-Cosmo Cricket/Core’dinations

Curious Iridescent Cryogen White/CutCardStock.com
Patterned paper – Cosmo Cricket
Stamps – Kim Hughes/Cornish Heritage Farms

Black Versafine stamp pad
Clear embossing powder
Fiskars corner rounder punch
Circle punches – Papershapers/EK Success
Scallop scissors – Fiskars
Martha Stewart border punch
Copic Makers
Sandpaper
Self Adhesive pearl – Queen & Co.

22 comments:

  1. OooH Linda that chick is so darn cute!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a chicken when it comes to the digi and hybrid thing!!!

    LOVE the adorable chick card:) Makes me want to break out my Kim Hughes stamps! They are all so adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your butterfly is absolutely gorgeous, Linda...and your chick is adorable!! I love the picture of your super sweet grandson too!! He looks like he is having so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable grandson photo, the hat the lips pursed with sound. Perfect shot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lynda your cards are `gorgeous` I love that butterfly...
    Your GS is adorable..TFS:)x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous cards - love that chick stamp and your grandson is just the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We just love our grandbabys don't
    we.I am tooo tired to rite you a e-mail,but wonted to let you know that
    your grandson is so very cute.We take ours back tomorrow evening.I love them but this Old lady is ready for a day off Tuesday I told
    my Husband that.I will be e-mailing
    you Tuesday.
    Linda J.W.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE this butterfly! stunning coloring on it! and that chick is the CUTEST!!! (the grandson is pretty darn cute too! ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely GORGEOUS butterfly!!!!! Love both cards....and your grandson is stinkin' cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay, he is the CUTEST little train engineer EVER!
    And the cards are wonderful too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Linda, that pic of your grandson is just ADORABLE! Love your cards, that little chick of Kim's so incredibly cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love what you did with the WRM paper, that's just the coolest! Love that card so much!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty butterfly card and cute chick too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a pretty card! Great take on the Trigger!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Look at you doing digi! WOOT!!! LOVE it Linda! :)

    Love the photo of your grandson. He is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey Linda! What a fun approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous cards Linda! Love the gorgeous butterfly! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats! Great Card! Gorgeous butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are BEAUTIFUL! Great job! And I too am loving those butterflies

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just love that butterfly!!!
    Congrats on such a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  21. congrats linda! beautiful card, and your grandson is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats on the TT shoutout! It's a beautiful card!

    I LOVE THOSE LIPS! Toot! Toot! What a cutieeeeeeeeeeeee!

    ReplyDelete