Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Cupcake Kind of Day

Now that little sentiment is right down my alley, especially as I sit here with the cute cupcakes I picked up yesterday at Bake You Happy in Valencia, CA!!!!

 This card uses the Card Positioning Systems sketch for this week and the most wonderful part of this weeks post and sketch is that My Favorite Things stamps is our sponsor. If you haven't checked out what the offer, you must. 
 The little girl holding the cupcake and the sentiment are from a stamp set at MFT's and that flower is created with one of the dies that they offer. As I created the flower, I could see that I also need the smaller flower dies that they have.  The little cherry on top has a glossy finish because of the Aleene's Paper Glaze.  Just takes a second to apply it and it adds to much to the finished look.  LOVE all of this with this paper by My Mind's Eye, I used both sides.  The diamond shape is a die from Spellbinders.  I often want to cut that shape and it is so hard to figure out on my own, now I have a set of diamond dies!
And, drum roll please!!!
 One of the newest collections from Nikki Sivils, Scrapbooker. I love school related papers so I am really gonig to love this set. 
This set includes collection kits, punch-outs, 6 different alpha stickers on one sheet of stickers as well as a sheet of stickers that are all just elements that coordinate with the collection.  Check out Nikki's blog to see some other glimpses of this collection.
And for a couple photos...

 Our zoo has a new baby! This is the first time that we were abe to see him. Talk about darling!!!
I loved this easy way to see the difference in their sizes.
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

SKETCH 222 – IT’S A CUPCAKE KIND OF DAY card

Materials:
Stamp courtesy of My Favorite Things – Hello Cupcake
Flower die – My Favorite Things
Cardstock – Core’dinations
X-Press Blending Card – Copic Markers
Patterned paper – Stella and Rose/My Mind’s Eye (both sides) and We R Memory Keepers
Black Versafine stamp pad
Clear embossing powder - Stampendous
Clear Paper Glaze – Aleene’s®
Copic markers
Pearl brad – American Crafts
Corner rounder punch – Fiskars
Foam tape- 3M

14 comments:

  1. The card is just adorable - love your pictures - I LOVE GOING to the zoo - none of my little g-kids are close enough now and my son (19) isn't really into going to the zoo with me anymore - snif snif!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda. What a cute card and the paper line by Nikki S. looks like fun as well. I will have to check it out. We just went to the zoo this weekend. I have to say I was a little disappointed in the Houston zoo. We are from Jacksonville Fl and I guess because Houston is soooo much bigger, I thought their zoo would be better. TMI, ha. I bet you enjoyed the trip with your grandkids and that baby giraffe is adorable. Have a blessed week! Melisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so so so adroable :) that cupcake looks so good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card Linda...and I really LOVE your red, white and blue card on your previous post! Thanks for continuing to share your creativity!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable card Linda! Love those zoo photos too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That card is ADORABLE!! Loving the girl holding the cupcake!! And love love love the giraffe photos...the baby is ADORABLE! :):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card could not be more DARLING!!
    LOVE it! Those giraffe pics make me want to go to the zoo! FAB!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet post! From the card to the baby giraffe to you! So sweet, one and all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad I stopped by today. I love giraffes and this post brought a huge smile to my face.

    Great projects too as always

    Toodles
    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  10. How adorable is that card. and Love the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a cute and sweet card!! great!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Did you know giraffes give birth standing up? That's a long way down.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for stopping my my blog Linda... this is such a fun card.. I love the cherry on top...I agree, it just gives it a nice finished look... hugs from Ukiah

    ReplyDelete