Thursday, June 23, 2011

I didn't know!!!!

None of my scrapping friends told me how happy my crafting life would be if I had a Cricut Expression!!!! I knew I loved what I saw others create with one of these tools but I tend to shy away from tools that are pricey until I am totally convinced that I NEED one.  WELLLLLL....I now have one and I cannot imagine NOT having one. I want to just cut stuff and play with it for no reason at all! Really, I am sure I have never had a tool that is more versatile and I am so excited to see what it adds to my cards and other projects.  At this point I have 6 cartridges and the images on just these six seem endless. One reason for that is that each can be cut in just about any size I want - how does it get better???  Plus I have already taken a class at one of my LSS's to get a handle on what all of the buttons do, etc. Very helpful.

So, you guessed it, I had to use it on my Card Positioning Systems card for this week!
This leaf label is in the Storybook cartridge.  I used a piece of cardstock that has an embossed design in it already so with a little sanding you can see the contrast of the embossing. I did cut this label at 3". 
Is that stamped sentiment cute! I used stamps from Paper Smooches.  I love this set of words because they mix and match. Here I used two different stamps from the set to create the whole sentiment.
And, yes, I need to share some pics...
We attended one of the most brilliant events for kids, especially little boys, this last weekend.  It is called Touch-A-Truck and it is put on in a big park.  Whoever thought of doing such a think is genious. Check out this web site for an idea of what it is about because it would be something fun to bring to your area if you needed ideas. 
You can tell this part of the event was a big hit. Even the little guy in the background who was waiting his turn was excited!
He just loved every part of every truck or vehicle. 
This was truly a day put together for him!
Thanks for visiting Linda (lbpost)

SKETCH 223 – MISS YOU FRIEND card

Materials:
Cardstock – Core’dinations
X-Press Blending Card – Copic Markers
Patterned paper – Gertie/“Delightful”/Stella and Rose/My Mind’s Eye (both sides)
Sentiment stamp – Paper Smooches
Cricut cartridge – Storybook (3”)
Black Versafine stamp pad
Clear embossing powder - Stampendous
Corner rounder punch – Fiskars

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! I also held out for awhile before buying a cricut & am so glad that I finally got one! Adorable photos too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your cards, and the photos are amazing. The expressions on his face is a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the card is so adorable... I love that sentiment.. So excited you got an expression..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the Cricut world!!!! I love mine and use it enough :) Your card is adorable. When I saw it at the CPS blog I had no idea that you had only just begun to use Cricut!!! amazing idea!!! Let's not forget all the cricut publications you can submit to now, woo + hoo!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loveeeeeeeeeeee that card!! The Cricut is sooooooooo fun! I love love love the photos too...looks like an awesome day! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool card...but don't go making me think I need any kind of Cricut....lol, I don't have one and can't afford one! :) Oh and those pictures are AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVELY card and delightful photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, congrats on the fun new tool Linda! Your card is just beautiful!

    Love the adorable pics too!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  9. hmmmm...been thinkin bout that cricut...u mite hav made up my mind here...Love the card and OFCOURSE the awesome photos!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can't tell you enough how thrilled I am for you that you've discovered the joys of crafting with Cricut!! Ohh, Linda... yay... a new Cricut lover! Glad to have you join the "clib", lol ;)

    Your card is just delightful here!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lol... I meant to say, "club"... not clib!

    ReplyDelete