Monday, June 13, 2011

Flower Soft and Really Reasonable Ribbon BLOG HOP

Come join us in a special blog hop with The Flower Soft and Really Reasonable Ribbon Design Teams!

As you make your way through the hop make sure you comment on each and every post. There will be 4 prize winners chosen randomly among the blogs.

Flower Soft and Really Reasonable Ribbon will each be selecting two winners (one person randomly from the entire blog hop and one each from someone who comments on their teams blogs) to win prize packages!

The blog hop ends on June 19th. The prize winners will be announced on The Flower Soft blog and Really Reasonable Ribbon Ramblings blogs on Monday June 20th.

The blog hop starts at the Flower Soft blog so if you get lost along the way, just go back there.

 I already loved the color combination of red, white and blue but let me tell you, when I received this package of ribbons in the mail, I was even more in love.   It was so exciting to get to play with these.  I wanted to use all of the pieces in the package, so I took a piece of white cardstock and covered it with tape runner and then placed strips of each ribbon on it. I let the pieces hang off of the edge of the cardstock and cut them like you can see in the photo.  The white, lacey piece was also in the package so I used it to finish off my card. 
 I used a dandelion shape from the Cricut, Storybook cartridge and cut it on white cardstock.  In order to have the white stand out a little better against the ribbons, I placed blue circles of cardstock under the flower portions.  I cut this at 2 1/2".  The middles of each flower is accented with red Ultra Fine Flower Soft.  I kind of thought the finished die cut looked a bit like fireworks.
Here is a side view of the bottom edge of my card so you can see the ribbons and how I cut them. 
From my blog, hop on over to Andrea's blog

Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

CELEBRATE card

Materials list:
Ribbon – Really Reasonable Ribbon
Ultra Fine Flower Soft
Tacky Glue – Aleene’s
Cardstock – Core’dinations
Cricut flower – Dandelion/Storybook (2 ½”)
Border punch – EK Success
Rub-on sentiment – Making Memories

63 comments:

  1. LOVE this, Linda! I love that you used every ribbon from the club sampler! You are SO creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love this Linda! I loveeeeeee all the different papers you used! :):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you showcased all the different ribbons that are part of the club pack. What a great card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful way to showcase the ribbon assortment!
    Love this beautiful and bright card!

    Hugs,
    True :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh WOOOOWEE This is FABULOUS, I LOVE how you showcased this beautiful ribbon assortment!!!! What a GREAT card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really LOVE this card Linda! Gorgeous design and colors!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, Linda!! What a perfect way to showcase all the wonderful ribbons! Love the touch of FS too!!

    Connie M. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Linda, such a wonderful combination of colors for the 4th of July!Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun ribbon card design. Will have to try this soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. i'm making my July 4 cards now, i love this idea

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card!! I love how you used all the ribbon and FS :)

    Hugs,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  12. ooo this is gorgeous! All the ribbons look fab ,love the colours :)
    Fiona L x

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE your card.. what a great idea to use all the ribbon that way. i would have never thought to do something like that. Thanks for sharing.
    -jamie
    babyblueangel_30@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card!! joydee1963 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Terrific card Linda! This is a terrific way to use all the ribbon styles at once. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Linda this is beautiful :) fab creation :) hope you are well x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the "fireworks" on your card!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Linda, this card is awesome!! I love that white ribbon, too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Marvelous! I thought those were fireworks! Great use of ribbons!
    Blessings Bernie

    ReplyDelete
  20. A lovely card with beautiful ribbons!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Pizazz! Love your fireworks, I can almost heard the booms!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the red/white/blue stripe ribbon you have used to create this card.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Linda, this card turned out so cute!
    hugs,
    Gini

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the card! Such a neat way to use ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Cute idea... I hope you don't mind if I CASE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great use of your ribbons!!

    Linda Imler

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh wow, what a stunning design - I never thought of using ribbons like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Patriotic way to utilize every ribbon. Clever & too cute. jo

    ReplyDelete
  29. Terrific utilization of the neat ribbon. Love the prints. TFS joy4umetoo at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is FABULOUS!! I love how you did the ribbon, I need to make a card like this!

    ReplyDelete
  31. beautiful! i love the cut on the bottoms of the ribbons! Thank you so much!
    Lisa
    summer_sunset54@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. This card was amazing... would I ever love to open my mail and find this! pendrasplace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. Very nice cards. I love how you used the ribbon on them. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love the card! and the ribbon is so pretty! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  35. This is so neat! I love what you did with the ribbon, and I love the firework bursts. Thank you for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  36. cute card, always love the red white and blue combination.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Wow - creative use of the red, white and blue ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Great idea for using ribbon, this diffidently showcases the ribbon. I'm going to have to scrap-lift this card idea.

    ReplyDelete
  39. What a cute card. Iris

    isoscia at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  40. As a card maker for OPERATION WRITE HOME, I adore this card!! you are right the ribbons are yummy!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  41. Wow, what a fab firework card! I LOVE how you used your ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Beautiful card! I love how you used all the different ribbons!

    ReplyDelete
  43. I love how you used all the products!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Great use of the ribbon and I like your fireworks.

    ReplyDelete
  45. SOOOO beautiful and what a gorgeous image, LOVE your coloring!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Hello my friend! I *love* this soft, delicate creation! SO gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Just wanted to let you know I love your blog and am your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete