Saturday, June 18, 2011

Loving color

I found myself playing along with a couple "color" challenges this week. 
The first one is with The Play Date Cafe.  Does this say SUMMER???

 This card is made up of some of the scraps on my table. I am not ever good at cleaning up and one reason is because of the inspiration I find in my mess!!!  Plus you can see my newest border punch!!! That cute sentiment is from a set of rub-ons by EAD Designs and Paper Smooches. 
The flower is cut from a piece of patterned paper by 3 Bugs in a Rug.   I love to cut elements out of patterned papers.  I accented the little white dots with Bead paint by Tulip. 


 Next comes the Unscripted sketch for this week that includes a piggyback color challenge. 

Again, I relied on some of my scraps.  I picked up what was leftover from this piece of paper and saw that the colors in the challenge were in it.  I'm not sure I got the colors correct exactly but I see a challenge as just that, a challenge and it does not have to be perfect.
AND, do you see how I used my brand new Cricut Expression!!! LOVE this thing.  The cartridge is Stamping and I cut the phrase at 2". 

                                
 And you know that tomorrow is Father's Day.  We have already had two celebrations just trying to catch up with all of the families schedules!  I have actually already shared this card in the past but it needed to be shared again since it fits for Dad.  It fits along with the Little Red Wagon challenge for something for Dad.
Notice all of that texture? I love texture for a masculine card.

Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

NEVER TOO OLD… card

Materials list:
Cardstock – Core’dinations
Patterned papers – Sun Kissed Summer/BoBunny, (Flower)Chloe/3 Bugs in a Rug and Little Boy/Echo Park
Border punch – Martha Stewart
Rub-on sentiment – EAD Designs/Paper Smooches
Corner rounder punch – Fiskars
Bead paint- Tulip
Self adhesive rhinestone – Recollections
Foam tape – 3M
Machine sewing



SKETCH 111 – MISSING YOU card

Materials list:
Cardstock – Core’dinations
Patterned papers – Sun Kissed Stripe/BoBunny
Cut sentiment – Cricut cartridge/Stamping (2”)
Corner punch – Fiskars
Scallop scissors
Buttons – Dress It Up

17 comments:

  1. Fabulous cards - that color combo drew me and my color oriented mind right in- love it! Love your take on the Unscripted sketch too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you think LInda... I need to think like that.. Gorgeous cards. I need to try to do more challenges... I

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are BEAUTIFUL Linda!! I loveeeeee that sentiment on the first one! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrific cards!Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the flower and the folded/sewn paper Linda - great card! Thanks for playing along at the Play Date Cafe :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The dad card is tremendous! Love all the texture!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful cards, Linda :) Love that all of them are so different from each other. Great inspiration for me today - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was wondering where you took the class on learning the Expression 2????

    ReplyDelete
  9. The first card makes me want a Cricut Exp...hmmmm...love those colors and your take on the challenge- The second card is just perfect! I DO love that cb folder too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well that is so sad.. i was thinking you lived around Sacramento area.. you apparently are WAY WAY down south... :-(

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE the color combos and love that first card! I agree we are never too old to party! :) Great masculine card too. I love the textures!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Linda, I left you an award on my blog.. come by when you can and pick it up...

    ReplyDelete
  13. A lovely selection of cards, especially the lovely summery one for our challenge! It's great to have you playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super, fun cards! LOVE the sentiment and the yummy dimension you've created for our take! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What beautiful cards, all three of them! I love all the color, texture, and layers of goodies - so pretty! And that masculine card with the screw-head brads in the center and wood-grain background - plus all that texture - wonderful! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really beautiful cards, Linda! Love, love those color challenges you played along with. They just completely scream summer and happy! You are rocking your stash of scraps. Love the new border punch and the details on the cut out flower. Super fun sentiment, too. And great job on the Unscripted Sketch design. Love the buttons. And great guy card, too.

    ReplyDelete