Sunday, December 1, 2013

Eight Things!

The CAS-ual Friday challenge is to use eight of something.  At first, I wasn't even going to give it a try, not knowing what I had eight of.
 I had just received this little stamp set from PaperTrey, Inc that features the word "congrats" and eight little sentiments to go along with it.  What a perfect fit.  The card base was embossed with an embossing folder.
 The set comes with the word "congrats" as a stamp but there is also a matching die for the word so that was what I used for my card. I LOVE die cut words.  The label shape is also from PaperTrey, Inc.  I took a new stencil from Tim Holtz and added color to the label shape by rubbing it with some inks.  I put all eight of the little sentiments on an acrylic block and stamped them at once.  The sentiments are divided with black dots of Liquid Pearls. The recipient of the card gets to choose which sentiment fits best. 
 Here is the CAS-ual Fridays challenge. 
 To add the color to the label shape, I actually colored a piece of white cardstock first and then cut the label out of that piece.  The result is that I also had the negative of that cut and I knew I needed to use it.  I just backed it with green cardstock. 
I used a die cut word "Happy" from PaperTrey, Inc for the main part of my sentiment and a Paper Smooches stamp for the rest of the sentiment.  What is funny is this card actually uses eight elements on it.  The die cut label, the die cut word, the stencil, the ink, the corner rounder punch, the Paper Smooches stamp, the sequins and the Liquid Pearl dots. 

This is a photo of the Yield signs at a new shopping center near our house.  We live by the beach! This just cracks me up. 
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

7 comments:

  1. Love love love your cards!! Beautiful colors!! And loving that surfer sign! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great combo, with the yellow and turquoise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful colors and designs. great cards! thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha! Great sign, and I'm jealous that you live near the beach!
    2 fab cards - love those die cut words. They are on my 'to buy' list!
    Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha about the sign! The 8 sentiments is very clever. I love how you laid them out on the card. The die cuts and colors on the second card is so much fun! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. isn't it awesome how it all works together? I love happy findings like that AND I think your cards are fabulous! thanks for playing CFC!

    ReplyDelete