Friday, August 8, 2008

Eyelets and more Eyelets!

Admit it! If you have been a scrapper or cardmaker for very long, you DO have a stash of eyelets! Why, because there was the time we used eyelets on about everything so we had to have them in every color and a few sizes!
At the Pursuit of CraftYness blog, the group did a challenge where we created something with the thought of "Something Old..." as our incentive. I sat for a minute and thought about a supply that I had lots of but didn't really use anymore and of course my eyelet "COLLECTION" came to mind. (Notice I called it a "COLLECTION"! Sounds far more important and maybe that also gives it a position of prominence in my drawers) I hand cut the tree top and the trunk and filled in the tree top with eyelets. Can I say this was FUN!!! I just might have to come up with another project that uses lots of eyelets.

My little flowers are eyelets too! To keep with the "Something old..." thought, I pulled out some KI Memories papers that I had always liked.
Thanks for visiting, Linda (aka lbpost)

9 comments:

  1. AHHHHHHHHH I LOVE THIS!!!! I TOTALLY LOVE THIS!!! Hey Linda, I have a challenge for you...Let's bring eyelets back...each week we will each create something using eyelets and then link to one another's creations....then as more people catch on we can BRING EYELET'S BACK!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda that card is just adorable and so clever!! LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE how you used all those eyelets!!! Brilliant idea!!!
    I see you shop at Life's a Scrapbook in Sherwood....I shop there too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW this is gorgeous !!! I may have to scraplift this one !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh wow! So cute... lovin' the eyelet use!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for visiting my blog! This is ADORABLE! I wish I had a tree image cuz I have lots of red eyelets that I could make into apples!
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete