Saturday, August 30, 2008

The SUNDAY TIMES - 8.31.08 - Wear Love


So, chosen by God for this new life of love,
dress in the wardrobe God picked out for you: compassion, kindness, humility, quiet strength, discipline.
Be even-tempered, content with second place, quick to forgive an offense.
Forgive as quickly and completely as the Master forgave you.
And regardless of what else you put on, wear love.
It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it.
Colossians 3:12-14 (The Message Bible)

WOW, did you ever think to WEAR LOVE??? "It's your basic, all-purpose garment"! Makes me think of that one piece you just always put on everyday, no matter what the weather or the activity or the occasion! I love that thought!
I want all of those things that Paul listed - quiet strength, compassion, kindness, even tempered, etc., but more then all of those, my prayer is that I would "wear love" and learn what that really means.
Thanks for visiting, Linda (aka lbpost)
I took the photo of a tree that grows here in my town

2 comments: