Sunday, November 2, 2008

Creating Backgrounds - PART 9 - Photos

I love to take photos of all kinds of things around me and I love to use those photos on my projects. Perhaps my favorite time of the year to take photos of nature is the Fall months.
This is an 8 1/2" x 11" layout and the entire thing is a photo matted on a dark orange piece of cardstock. I did print it out on photo paper. My favorite photo paper for printing photos at home is Ilford's Smooth Pearl.
I wanted that photo of leaves to be able to really shine through so my title is nothing more then chipboard letters cut with a Sizzex font and my Cuttlebug. In case you are wondering, the Cuttlebug does a great job of cutting through chipboard.
I used a poem to be the finishing touch to my layout. I typed it into the computer and spaced the lines of the poem so that after I printed it out on a piece of vellum, I could add strips of patterned paper between the lines.
The vellum is see-through, giving the colored leaves underneath another chance to show through and not be covered up.
I used a Sakura 3-D Glaze pen to doodle around the edges. This just added a little bit of extra interest and the 3-D ink looks so cool.
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)
AUTUMN’S ARTWORK layout
Materials:
Cardstock
Cuttlebug Red Tag Sale alphabet – Provo Craft
3-D Glaze pen – Sakura of America
Font for journaling – CK Becky
Patterned paper on journaling block – Spice collection/Paper Salon
My own photo that I also printed using my Epson printer and Ilford Smooth Pearl Paper

2 comments:

  1. This is AWESOME, Linda!!! What a great way to use those beaufitul autumn photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great autumn colour, I have just had a little catch up with your fab halloween cards love the spider on the brad.
    Hope you have had a good weekend.
    chriss x

    ReplyDelete