Thursday, November 13, 2008

CPS #90 and 2 Sketches 4 You cards

Yes, I got in an early start to Christmas with this weeks Card Positioning Systems Blog card. And my color scheme is a little "out of the box" too.
It was fun to combine a couple patterned papers from the Irresistible collection by Quick Quotes papers for this.
One of my absolute products right now is this yummy, green glitter by Clearsnap. LOVE this green and I want to use it on everything! So green snowflakes might not be very traditional but I think it works!!! I used Plaid's, Liquid Embossing Finish first and then sprinkled a generous amount of glitter over that. One thing about using this kind of liquid for my glue is that it is dimensional.
And, again, I love to use sketches so it is just a natural to want to follow the current 2 Sketches 4 You sketch, Kazan's sketch #13.
I so love this bright yellow lace paper and pairing it with this great blue patterned paper was fun. The butterfly is a 2 step Cuttlebug die. One step cuts the butterfly shape and then there are four choices of embossing plates that fit perfectly. The embossed design on the butterfly was accented by rubbing with a Powder Puff Chalk stamp pad by Quick Quotes. I also stamped a "writing" stamp with the same blue stamp pad over the yellow letters to make the pieces go together a little more.
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)
SKETCH 90 – JOY card
Materials:
Cardstock
Patterned paper and Joy label – Irresistible/Quick Quotes
Snowflake punch and scallop border punch – Martha Stewart
Green Glitter – Clearsnap
All Night Media Liquid Embossing Finish and Metallic Dimensional paint– Plaid
Rub-on word – Christmas – Making Memories
YOU’RE ONE IN A MILLION card
Materials list:
Solid Cardstock
Patterned Paper – Quick Quotes
Yellow Alphabet Lace paper – KI Memories
Blue Hawaiian Powder Puff Chalk ink – Quick Quotes
Writing stamp – Hero Arts
Scallop border punch – Martha Stewart
Butterfly die and embossing plate – Cuttlebug/Provo Craft
Rub-on greeting – Melissa Frances
Rhinestones – Mark Richards, Inc.

12 comments:

  1. Linda, I must say that I love that green glitter too! Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh now how pretty! I really like the black and white for Christmas, very elegant. Beautiful examples Linda. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous cards Linda! That green glitter is pretty sweet! Great take on Kazan's 2s4y sketch this week ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. so pretty. Love the large letters and the butterfly and glitter is always on my fave list too!
    :) Thanks for playing
    :) Kazan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, Linda, these are beautiful!I LOVE how you stamped on the letters on Kazan's sketch. Awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the "out of the box" green snowflakes. And the bright colors on your butterfly card. So pretty!!

    XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, these are both so beautiful! That blue/yellow color combo is really fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both cards are great but I love the green snowflakes.
    Eveline.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both cards are gorgeous Linda! Great job with the sketches!

    ~Lea

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such stunning cards you always create Linda... I love how you took the black and white one and made it pop with those gorgeous sparkly green snowflakes :D
    hugs
    Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE the non-trditional colors.
    lovely cards Linda :)

    ReplyDelete