Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Playful and Elegant

Let's start off with a playful card.
 I just bought this digital paper kit from Design House Digital and had to put it to use. My lauching pad is the Card Patterns sketch and the color combo at Colour Q.
 I opened four pieces of the papers in the kit to fit on one page along with a portion of another piece with the banners in it. I could then cut these pieces to fit the sketch.  I love kits where the prints coordinate so nicely.  Do you totally love that little bike! It is a stamp from a set by Hero Arts. The label is cut with my Cricut Expression. 
 This banner portion is cut from the top portion of a patterned paper piece.
 Here is the Card Patterns sketch.
 And the Colour Q combo. I did miss getting that kraft color in my card, I just couldn't seem to make it fit.
 Next I wanted to play along with the Lawnscaping challenge to use heat embossing or dry embossing plus this set of stamps has a playful look to them. Since I love both kinds of embossing, this was a challenge I had to give a try.
 I pulled out this numbers embossing folder, I thought it had a kid like look to it to go along with the cute paper airplane. I added color by rubbing with a Distress stamp pad and sprayed it with some Chalkboard spray.
 Now for a more elegant look, I wanted to play along with the Moxie Fab challenge to use a damask design.
 I cut the two piece damask shape with my Cricut Expression.  The background piece is a digital paper printed on white textured paper.
Remember that funny passion fruit flower I showed you the other day? Well, glory be, we finally have some fruit setting. We were so excited to find several of these cuties!
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

16 comments:

  1. love the colour Q Combo~ I always love how you manange to get all the colors in your card~fabulous Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous cards! Your cards are always awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all beautiful!! I loveeeeeee that little bike on the first one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favourite is the one with the tricycle. So, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, fabulous cards, Linda! Just love them all! The embossed numbers with the sweet little airplane really made me smile! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what fabulous creations Linda! I am especially in love with your first card with the tricycle.... The colorful papers and frame is adorable! Thank you so much for joining us at Lawnscaping.

    ReplyDelete
  7. FANTABULOUS cards! Cool pic of the passion fruit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for playing along with us at CQC this week. I love all the elements that you got in your project!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic cards! Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns this week! : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW!! Your cards are all BEAUTIFUL!! I LOVE your takes on all of the challenges!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh, that little tricycle is just the sweetest!! Thanks for playing and sharing this with us at the CQC this week! And your other cards are awesome too!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. great cards!!
    Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping
    xx Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such wonderful cards, Linda, you have been very busy! Love the digital papers, it is nice to be able to print off and cut it up! Thanks for joining in the fun with us this week over on the CQC.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The first two are adorable and the third is so elegant. Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
  15. great cards!! thanks so much fro joining us this week at the ColourQ!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The die cut really makes it such stand out! I love how you let the background show through a bit!! Gorgeous Damask card, Linda!

    ReplyDelete