Monday, May 21, 2012

Some Cricut fun

Have I said how much I LOVE my Cricut Expression?  It is like there is just no limit to the images and words you can cut and it is just too much fun.

 I used the Cindy Loo cartridge to cut this wonderful design. It just seemed like the perfect answer to go along with The Play Date Cafe color challenge for this week.
 I cut the image out three times and then used portions of each of the colors to complete my design. I stamped a writing stamp with gray ink behind it, I loved how that set it off.
 Is this color combo amazing????
 And, here is my card for the Card Positioning Systems sketch.  I pulled out a big pad of paper that I picked up at Michaels, it is by Recollections.
 These flowers are cut out of one of the pieces of patterned paper in the pad and accented with a little bit of Liquid Pearls.
Sometimes I just like to cut out images from the Cricut to see what they look like and to figure out what sizes work good for them. I had cut this piece with three cut out hearts a few days ago and thought it was a fun accent to my card.


Here is the sketch I used. I kind of did a condensed version but that is what a sketch is all about, making it your own.
Gotta share one photo...
We wemt to a local TruckFest this weekend, an occasion just made for little boys. I'll share a few more pics later.

Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

15 comments:

  1. the cards are all beautiful~you really are a fabulous card maker~love them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards, and lovely photos! I wish I was a better card maker! Great job! Love Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never met a card of yours I didn't like, Linda. :) These are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the CPS card entry, but I love the PDCC one. It has the German paper cut feeling that I love. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards, Linda! LOVE that text behind your bold, floral image! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Linda, wowzer for your PDCC card!Love the text background and intricate details! Your card might just help me crack open my "new" Cricut Expression (it's been in the box over a year and half now--not sure what I was afraid of...LOL)!! Your grandson is darling!Love that candid shot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing creations and love your take on the color challenge. Thanks for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards!! LOVING the colors!!! And he is soooooooo cute cute cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards and what a cute little guy! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such LOVELY cards!!! I bet your grandson LOVED that truckfest...I know my grandsons would have!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What beautiful cards! I am going to challenge myself to create something as beautiful in my craft room from http://roomstogrowusa.web12.hubspot.com/hobbyrooom/. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That color combo was so very cool and different. You picture is lovely and so is your CPS card. I think those hearts were the perfect accent.

    He looks so happy in that truck. Too cute.

    Thanks for giving me the heads up on the Kreaxions win. I'm so excited.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card is BEAUTIFUL!! I LOVE the FUN design!! THANKS for sharing the cute pic boys LOVE trucks!! Have a FABULOUS WEEK!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous cards. Lovely to see yor creations with the cricut. i don't use mine nearly enough. x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the fact that you love your Cricut and we get to enjoy and copy your ideas!!!

    ReplyDelete