Saturday, January 30, 2010

CPS and 2 Sketches 4 You cards

Sunday starts a new Card Positioning Systems sketch and it also means the last day to post a card using the last weeks 2 Sketches 4 you sketch so I'm getting in on both today.
This card uses the 2 Sketches 4 You sketch #44 by Laura. I just love to play along with their team when I have the time and this gave me a really great reason to show off this amazing new embossed cardstock from Core'dinations! It is from the Cosmo Cricket collection where the embossed design is already in the cardstock, it just needs a little bit of sanding. I took the photo of a yummy cupcake my daughter brought home the other day thinking that this would make a great way to tell a friend Happy Birthday.
I added a little strip of a printed transparency by Prima across the card and can you guess - I have a new Martha Stewart border punch! LOVE those things and this one is just precious. The letter for "sweet" are by My Little Shoebox and I coated them with Aleene's Paper Glaze so they look like they have an epoxy coat.
This is my Card Postioning Systems card for this next week. Some of the gals will be playing with JustRite stamps on their cards. I really wasn't part of the group that was to play with their stamps but since I have so many, I just had to pull mine out.
I stamped it with Versafine black and I did emboss it with clear embossing powder. I just love the finished look with the embossing. I added a couple little Queen & Co rhinestones so my card had a touch of bling.
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

SWEET – PHOTO CUPCAKE card
Materials:
Cardstock – Cosmo Cricket Core Collection/Core’dinations

Heart border punch – Martha Stewart
My Own cupcake photo
Ribbon – May Arts
Prima transparency
Imaginisce flower
Doodlebug glitter brad
My Little Shoebox mini sticker letters
Clear Paper Glaze – Aleene’s®

SKETCH 152 – THANKS SO MUCH card
Materials:
Cardstock – Vintage/Core’dinations
Patterned papers – We R Memory Keepers
JustRite stamps
Self Adhesive rhinestones – Queen & Co.
Sandpaper
Scallop scissors – Family Treasures
Versafine black stamp pad
Clear embossing powder
Foam tape

9 comments:

  1. You finally convinced me and I bought two Martha Stewart border punches and used it on my COS submission this week. I just couldn't stand by and watch you have all the fun.

    Great cards and I really like that you incorporated a real photo. I've always want to give that a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eaaaakkkk!! This is adorable! I love how you used a real picture :)
    Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love them both!! Great takes on the challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely cards! I want to eat that cupcake! Thanks for playing at 2S4Y! :) Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards, Linda! Love that you photographed a real cupcake to use for a card. Adore the colors you put together on that one.
    Love your new CPS card, too. Can't wait to check out the new sketch. I just finished using this week's one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. both cards are fabulous!! the first one is making me hungry :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. fantabulous cards!! love that yummy photo on the first!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Linda, love both cards, but the cupcake one is especially PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing! You are the card queen!!!

    ~Lynn

    ReplyDelete