Saturday, January 16, 2010

Can You "RESIST" This?

There are several ways to create a "resist" when working with rubber stamps. I want to share one with you in this post.
I started out with a plain white piece of paper. I just love to see what I can do with a white piece of cardstock. I used a piece of Curious Iridescent Cryogen White from CutCardStock.com. I would guess that most white cardstocks would work in a similar manor, what I love about this particular paper is that it has a nice feel to it and a slight sparkle so when you are done creating you can just barely see that sparkle.
I stamped the vine stamp by Cornish Heritage Farms with white ink and embossed it with white embossing powder. Now for the fun. I started dropping drops of Alcohol Inks over the stamped image. This paper allows the inks to blend and absorb really nicely. I used the Blending Solution to help the inks blend. What is fun about working with this inks is that the more you play with them, the more interesting your design becomes.
The white circle piece is actually the reverse side of my paper. The colors are less intense on the backside and that let me stamp my sentiment by Printworks on it and still let the black letters show off well.
I just love the way this piece looks after the inks dry. The white, stamped and embossed image acted as a resist to the alcohol inks so the vines stand out against the colors.
***
I just have to share a couple more photos with you. These are a couple looks at the sunset the other night when I was at the beach when we had the amazing cloud formations. The colors got more red as the sun set. Notice the reflections in the wet sand.

Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

SAY I LOVE YOU OFTEN card
Materials:
Cardstock – Red Metallic and Curious Iridescent Cryogen White/CutCardStock.com
Vine stamp – Cornish Heritage Farms
Sentiment stamp – Printworks
White stamp pad
White embossing powder
Black Versafine stamp pad
Alcohol inks and blending solution – Ranger
Rhinestone circle – Heidi Swapp
Ribbon
Scallop circle punch – Marvy

11 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Linda. Love that technique and those colors are gorgeous! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, the background on this is just superb. BRAVO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bee-u-tiful! The card and the photos!!

    ♥Lea

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow...that resist is gorgeous! love that card!
    Great pictures also!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just lovely! I have never used Alcohol Inks on Cryogen -- must try that -- bet it is even better with the shimmer in the paper -- beautiful card and your pics made me long for a beachy shore and sunset.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just so beautilicious. Great colours and design too. Love the photos.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just so beautilicious. Great colours and design too. Love the photos.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good brief and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you as your information.

    ReplyDelete