Saturday, January 14, 2012

Sketches and Tools

It is Saturday so it is time for another Unscripted sketch.
 I loved the simplicity of this one so it was really fun to use.  PLUS, Paper Crafts Magazine and the Moxie Fab blog are featuring tools in papercrafting all of this week. I just don't know what a papercrafter would do without tools! I, of course, then, had to play along and used this sketch for my idea.
 I created this card to go along with the embossing/debossing category.  I love to use my Cuttlebug to create wonderful embossed designs but a score board is another way to emboss and you can get so creative with it. 
 I just scored lines 1" apart up and down my card front.  When that was done, I did sand those raised areas a little because I was using Core'dinations cardstock and a handy thing about that cardstock is that sanding it exposes the core and makes the embossed lines stand out a bit.  I then cut three pieces of patterned paper to fit inside three of the diamond shapes I had created.  That paper is by October Afternooon.  1, 2, 3 with a few other supplies and I had a card created. 
 This card represents my Card Positioning Systems card for this last week.  I pulled out some October Afternoon papers and a chipboard sticker. 
I accented the chipboard sticker with some White Flower Soft, a sculpture flower by Prima and some pink Liquid Pearls. 
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

15 comments:

  1. These are lovely, Linda! I love the special touch that the embossing adds to the first card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards! I loved the scoring tip, I will have to try that! I too like a simple cards or layout designs! Love Penny
    http://scrap-aholic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job as usual. I like the depth the flower soft gave to your flowers. I sometimes wonder if I like that stuff, but here is really works.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful! Especially love that first one and the scored lines with pops of patterned paper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely diamond background. love the 3 black ones.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are GORGEOUS! I loveeeeeeeeeee the flowers!! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards, Linda. Both of them.
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  8. These cards are absolutely adorable. The embossingn is seriously stunning looking!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE the way you scored in the diamonds on the first one, and then added DP to some of the diamonds!! Fabulous design! Hope you are having a happy new year so far.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sweet and BEAUTIFUL! LOVE your cards!
    Hugs, Karin

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card. Congrats on your win!

    ReplyDelete