Monday, January 23, 2012

It is a Rose and a Tiny Envelope

Another post to share some sketch cards. 
 First off, my Card Positioning Systems card for this week. Taylored Expressions is our sponsor and I was so happy to get to play with this amazing set, Rosy Posey.  It included some solid roses and some outline roses, both in two sizes. 
 I used some Clearsnap stamp pads.  I used a Chalk stamp pad in Orchid Pastel.  It was just the right kind of ink to stamp a nice, solid rose.  Next I stamped over that with a ColorBox Die stamp pad in Dark Cherry.  The leaves were also stamped in that same Dark Cherry and after I cut the scallop circle label with a Spellbinders Nestablities, I spritzed it with some Clearsnap Smooch Spritz. 
 Next up is my Unscripted sketches card for this week.  This week's sketch includes a piggyback challenge - use a pocket.
 I am so in love with the wonderful, vintage feel of these papers by BasicGrey and it was fun that the different patterned papers go together so nicely. 

I found this little vellum envelop in my stash and thought it was a great way to add a "pocket" to my card. 
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

SKETCH 252 – THANK YOU FOR BEING MY FRIEND card
Materials:
Stamp set courtesy of Taylored Expressions
Cardstock – Core’dinations
X-Press Blending Cardstock – Copic
Patterned paper – Yours Truly mini pad/Echo Park
Stamp pads – Dark Cherry/ColorBox/Clearsnap and Orchid Pastel/ColorBox/Clearsnap
Spellbinders Nestabilities die shape
Liquid Pearls/Ranger
Corner rounder punch – Bind It All
Foam tape – 3M

SKETCH 142 – WITH SPECIAL THANKS card
Materials list:
Cardstock
Patterned paper – Refrigerator Magnet and Wronght Iron Skillet/Picadilly/BasicGrey
Spellbinder Nestabilities label
Pearls – Recollections
Resin flower – Webster’s Pages
Sticker sentiment – Creative Impressions
Mini envelope

10 comments:

  1. Love both these cards and that little pocket on the second one is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is GORGEOUS! I loveeeeeeee that plaid paper! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry... lol... having a night... I meant to say these are GORGEOUS!! I got so stuck on the plaid paper I forgot to mention the second one! :):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOWZERS...are these ever GORGEOUS! ! Could not LOVE them more!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. these have got to be some of my faves that you have done. The first one is so clssy and the second one with the envelope~love that. Beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both these cards are beautiful! I wish I was a better card maker! I guess I'll have to keep coming back and checking you out, so I can learn something! Great job! Love Penny Scrap-aholic@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, beautiful cards, Linda! I love the classic look of the first one (and the pretty flower too) and the fun pocket on the second one. Great touch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. absolutely love your mix of patterns of your stripe and houndstooth plaid? the pink and gray are a great color combo!

    ReplyDelete