Sunday, July 5, 2015

AAA Cards Starry Night Challenge

 I was able to pick the theme for this weeks AAA Cards challenge and I think the banner turned out so cute.  I wanted stars but not necessarily patriotic although that is what I am thinking as we just celebrated the Fourth of July. 
 I created my background with Distress Stains on watercolor paper.  I used blue, red and white just because those colors go so nicely with stars.  Plus my sentiment by Tim Holtz has the word Sparkle in it so again not really patriotic and one about celebrating. 
The white dots were created with a Copic white ink in a little bottle.  My stars were punched and I ended up creating a little banner with them by sewing them together.  The dots on the stars were created by Liquid Pearls.  
My card also fits the Addicted to CAS Patriotic challenge although it doesn't have a specific Patriotic theme.  
Be sure to join us at AAA Cards.
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)


12 comments:

  1. Linda, your backgrounds always make me swoon, and this one is no exception. Just gorgeous. I love that little banner of stars sewn together, ad the sentiment is so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! LOVING the colors and the stitching!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic theme and card Linda, loving your inky BG with the stitched stars!
    Simply awesome! Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've rocked your own choice of theme this week! Am going to have to steal (oops I mean CASE) that fab stitched banner idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a stunning background, Linda ... and such a fabulous stitched starry banner ... perfect with that wonderful sentiment! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowzers! thank you for sharing this beauty at ATCAS :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The pop of red in your background is amazing! How did you get it to stay red and not bleed into the blue to make purple?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card! Love the background, thanks for sharing with us at ATCAS

    ReplyDelete
  9. OOOH! Just spotted you've linked your inky and fab starry sky up at ATCAS.
    Thanks so much, Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your background and stars :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a great design,lovely card. Thanks for joining us over at ATCAS.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card. Love the starry sky and the stitched stars. Great watercolor background. So glad you joined us at Addicted to CAS this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete