Monday, July 20, 2015

Snowflakes in July

I love the simplicity of the CAS(e) this sketch sketch for this week so I just had to find some minutes to play. 

 In my mind I knew it was this snowflake die from Simon Says Stamp that I wanted to use thus a Christmas in July card.  The sentiment is by Paper Smooches.
e
 I created my background with various Distress Stains on watercolor paper and then left that to dry.  Once dry, I cut out the snowflake and then cut another snowflake from plain watercolor paper.  I could then inlay one snowflake into the cut out space.  I love the look and then textures of the watercolor paper. I did use some of the Distress Stain Pewter for a great metallic silver accent.  
Here is the CAS(e) this sketch for this week.
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

8 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Linda! Love the overlay look and your background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card Linda! Love the blues and the silver!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the inlaid diecut snowflake! Fabulous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful colors/texture/detail.... oh so perfect for CTS #132!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! Love the inlaid snowflake!

    ReplyDelete