Friday, July 17, 2015

Time for another Just Us Girls challenge

Plus my time as a guest at Just Us Girls.
 The challenge this week is colors.  I was also so inspired by that yummy lollipop and those fun colors.
 Because the inspiration photo looks so much like a party, I went with a birthday theme.  
 To use some of the colors, I used a paint brush swipe stamp from Avery Elle and just inked it several times with Distress Ink.  I first stamped the words "happy birthday" using white ink and white embossing powder.  The embossed lines acted as a resist as I stamped the inks over that making the words pop out.  I wanted a very simple look but I did need to add a balloon which is a stamp from Simon Says Stamp.  
Be sure to check out the rest of the teams cards at Just Us Girls and play along too.
This also fits the Curtain Call challenge of Celebrate.
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

12 comments:

  1. So beautiful! LOVING the bright colors!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so fun and festive! Love the water colored smears!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card and great use of the challenge colors! I received my CardMaker Magazine today and your card is stunning! I'm going to have to case it, I know. So happy to have you with us this month at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the bg with the white embossed! Quite fabulous~

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful card Linda! Love that background a lot!! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the effect you got with the smears of colour. Great layout.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just a vision Linda! What a great pop of color and beautiful water color marks! Fabulous work ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that background with the white embossed sentiment and fun balloon! Love the look of those paint strips with the Distress inks and the emboss resist technique.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nicely done back ground with the color challenge! You've been a bit busy with all of challenges above this post. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the background you created! Thanks for playing with us at the Curtain Call.

    ReplyDelete