Saturday, February 21, 2015

A Cup of Succulents!

Because I have more recently found how fun and rewarding it is to grow succulents, I am planting more and more of them.  
 When Simon Says Stamp offered this adorable set of stamps with a matching die set, I had to have it.  It is such a fun set.  Several cups or pots and several plant styles that all work together.  This cup and plant were the foundation of my card that fits in with the Colour Me color combination and the Simon Says Stamp texture challenge.  I added some Distress Stain ink to a piece of watercolor paper and then cut out the cup.  I stamped the clear stamp version of this cup over that for a black outline.  I wanted a ton of texture to my background piece so I used a Simon Says Stamp stencil and some embossing paste. To get the yellow, I ran some yellow Distress Stain over the stencil first, placed it on my paper and then ran the embossing paste over the stencil with a palette knife.  That way you get a mix of white and yellow.  When that was dry, I added some other colors of stain and spritzed it with water.  For a little added interest, I cut out a square with a My Favorite Things stitched square die and then I added the square back into the resulting hole with foam tape. 
 I tried to turn my card to the side so you could get a glimpse of the resulting texture.  The die cut word "thanks" is also from Simon Says Stamp.  I colored a piece of watercolor paper with green Distress Stains and then cut out the word.  
 Here is the Colour Me challenge.
And the Simon Says Wednesday Texture challenge.
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

7 comments:

  1. Love this beauty with all the texture. It seems alive to me. How appropriate given the succulent theme!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I am so glad you posted a close up shot of all that texture and dimension. Fabulous card!! Thanks for playing with us over at the Colour Me...! challenge. :) Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cool technique! Your card turned out amazing! Thanks for joining in with us at Colour Me! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card Linda! Love that background and the great texture it has!!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am totally with you - growing succulents is fabulous - I LOVE them - so easy to take care of and they are so pretty - so is your card - swooning over your background! Thanks so much for playing with us over at the Colour Me...!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning sweetie, this is simply stunning, :0)) Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Challenge this time hugs Pops x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've certainly acheived some amazing texture, Linda! Absolutely gorgeous. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Colour Me!

    ReplyDelete