Thursday, February 19, 2015

Subtle watercolors

I love playing with watercolor looks. 
 For this card, I started out with a very subtle color combination with some blues and silvers in Distress Stains.  It was then fun to build on that. 
 To give accent to the silver ink, I also used a strip of silver glitter paper to help fit the sketch.  That sentiment is from Reverse Confetti. 
 Here is the retro sketch I used.
I love the subtle colors in this Sunday Stamps challenge so I tried to have my colors match. Not sure I got it exactly but this was my inspiration.
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely, soft background. Great use of the colours in the sketch...and the hint of silver is fabulous! Thanks for playing along with us at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing card. Beautiful colors, very winter. This card simply love. Ice, sky, frost ... winter. Great.
    Regards,
    Bozena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is so pretty, Linda! I love the subtle watercolored background! Thank you for joining us at Sunday Stamps this week! XX

    ReplyDelete