Saturday, June 12, 2010

CPS #171 - Congratulations

It is another week with another sketch at Card Positioning Systems. I love working with sketches so it always makes me happy to have another sketch to create with.
The sketch had three smaller diamond shapes on it but I wanted to give the banner stamps by Pink Persimmon a try so my diamonds are a little bigger. That is just fine because a sketch is supposed to inspire you to a design, not have you necessarily copy it exactly.
I used one of the banners from the larger banner set. I just love the designs that are in each banner. You can see in the above photo that I stamped it once with black ink. Because the stamps are clear and I put it on an acyrlic block that is clear, I can see exactly where I wanted to stamp that banner stamp again. I just stamped the banner in the opposite direction, giving me a neat, diamond shape. I did that three times and then just cut them out.
The little rosette circle is part of the Big Banner set. I stamped it with black ink on white cardstock and then gave it a little antiquing with a brown stamp pad. I cut a strip from an old magazine and pleated that and sewed it down the middle of my little diamond design. This was finished off with some self adhesive pearls by Queen & Co.
For more ideas on using the banner stamps, visit the Pink Persimmon blog where I did a little tutorial on using them on a layout.
***
And for a few photos. I visited that garden near us that I have talked about before. I just love standing at the Koi pond. Here are some photos of those guys.

While I was waiting for another fish to be in the right place to photograph, I noticed how neat the clouds in the sky looked reflected in the water.
Do you see the swirl in the water from him swishing his tail?
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)
Materials:
Cardstock - Core'dinations
Patterned paper - Baby Safari/Little Yellow Bicycle
Stamps - Banner set (large), Big Banners, Vintage Greetings/Pink Persimmon
Black Versafine stamp pad
Self Adhesive pearls - Queen & Co.
Pages from vintage magazine
Circle punch - PaperShapers
Tonic Paper Distresser
Machine sewing

5 comments:

  1. Love it !!! Love those pictures too1

    ReplyDelete
  2. How clever the card details are. I would never have thought about using a strip of magazine print to create that design. I thought it was a ribbon at first. Really cool card.

    Nice capture of the swirl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card! Striking! Love the photos of the koi, too. I used to have a koi pond, once upon a time ago when I lived in Canada. I miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the card and beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card and super fun pictures. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete