Friday, June 18, 2010

Nikki Sivils Day and SNOW!!!

It is my day to post at Nikki Sivils Scrapbooker. I am going to share my two cards here but you need to hop on over to the Nikki Sivils blog to see the close-ups, read the details and see the materials list. Plus, if you would leave a comment there, I would look real good - THANKS!
For the first card, I wanted to play along with the Moxie Fab challenge to use a bicycle on a card so I printed out this photo I just took on a little trip we were on. I loved the little scene as it sat against this fence outside this cute house.
I used papers from the Will He B the 1 and the Ellie's Day Out collections. Like I mentioned, I have close-ups at Nikki Sivils.
This card uses papers from the Will He B the 1 collection. This piece of paper comes with the patterned strips on it.
***
SNOW DAY - JUNE 10, 2010!!!!
You read that right - it snowed last week as we were driving up Mt. Ashland to get a look at how the mountain looked, looking for wildflowers!
As we were driving up, higher and higher, it started raining and that turned to actual snow flakes coming down as we neared the top. This made me SOOOOOO happy! As a Southern California, I could actually get some snow pics.
The top of the mountain was covered with fog and it was so cold! I couldn't keep the lens on the camera dry for even a second as the snowflakes flew at me.



The weather would change just about every other minute, here the blue sky was trying to peek through as the steam was pouring off of the road.
Then look at this sight we found as the rain stopped and the blue skies peeked through.
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

8 comments:

  1. Snow...really? Granted it's in the mountains, but it is June.

    I just made a set of cards using photos. Mine were a lot simpler, but I still like how they turned out. Yours is very cool. I have a thing for photos of doors and windows. I'm sure that must mean something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous cards! so love the pic of the bike on the first...how awesome is that?! Gorgeous, gorgeous pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Incredible photos - your layout and card are awesome! JEALOUS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda! I am SO excited that you are designing for Niki! I LOVE her stuff. SO fun to see what you created. and wha?? SNOW??? What is this world coming to? Gorgeous pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab pics AGAIN Linda! wow..girl you are good! Now over to the other site!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute! Your photographs are so good...wish I could do that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your bike photo and card!! Such a great take on the challenge!

    Yeah..rotten weather! Crazy!!!

    Off to leave some lovin' at the NS site...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Linda! Thanks for entering the I Want to Ride My Bicycle challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)

    ReplyDelete