Saturday, June 26, 2010

It is Summer!

My favorite thing about summer is the longer hours of daylight - I just have a whole new life with what seems like more hours in my day. SO...one of my cards I want to share with you in this post has to do with summer and one with birthdays plus a few photos from a little trip we just took.
This first card uses the Unscripted Sketch #61 for this week and my favorite cardstocks, the Core Impressions collection from Core'dinations. AND...I just might have a little secret that I can share with you very soon and it just might have to do with Unscripted Sketches!!! Stay tuned!
I love to use buttons on a card but I really don't like the holes without thread in them and I really don't like sewing the thread in the holes so one solution is to add self adhesive rhinestones on to the buttons. I love the look and that little bit of added bling.
Here is my SUMMER related card. The little photo is one I took on a trip. I always want to stop at Lighthouses when we are close to one and I always take lots of pics.
The sun is created by tearing the Vintage cardstock by Core'dinations and the background is a piece of Black Magic that I embossed with a Cuttlebug embossing folder. The the CORE that is exposed when you tear this cardstock and LOVE the black with the exposed blue core when this is sanded.
***
And for the photos
I believe this is just a weed but I just had to take some pics of it. We were driving along the coast in Northern California and found these. They are completely weightless and look like rattlesnack rattles.
I was driving around Jacksonville, OR a couple weeks ago and these red poppies were everywhere. I had to stop and take photos of them in this one yard that was all overgrown with flowers.
This is a close-up of the buds before the flowers open, LOVE how unique they are.
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

BIRTHDAY WISHES card
Materials list:
Cardstock – Cosmo Cricket Core Impressions/Core’dinations
Patterned paper – October Afternoon
Sandpaper
Corner rounder punch - Fiskars
Sentiment sticker - SRM
Buttons – PaperTrey, Inc
Rhinestones – Queen & Co.
Flower punch – Papershapers
Fluid chalk stamp pads - Clearsnap

VACATION - GETAWAY card
Materials list:
Cardstock – Black Magic, Vintage and Core Essentials/Core’dinations
Sandpaper
My Own photo
Fiskars wave border punch
Rub-on words - Making Memories
Cuttlebug embossing folder

12 comments:

  1. Such fantabulous cards!! LOVE your photos..that "weed" or whatever it is could not be more fascinating...so cool. The poppies are GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards Linda! I love how you incorporated the lighthouse pic! Such beautiful pictures too, We used to have that "weed" growing all around our house when I was young. My mom actually called it rattlesnake grass.

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cards! I love that Core'dinations paper on the first card. I got to play with some recently and it was so much fun.

    Do I really make moving sound so easy? Oh man. I suppose it could have been worse but it was KILLER moving down three flights of stairs. My poor back and knees. There.. did that help make it worse? hehe... I went to church last night so I could have a nice restful day today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome cards! Love what you did with the US sketch! Thanks for playing at Unscripted Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards and lovely pictures of flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely summer colours!

    And beautiful photos too, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards Linda, I love the bling on the buttons. What a great idea! Thanks for sharing the flower pictures as well, I've got to get out to my garden I think. Thanks for joining Unscripted Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. the colors on the first one are so fresh! gooorgeous
    and i love how you worked the core on the second!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You always have such gorgeous pictures to share! Wow!

    Love your cards... esp. that sweet first card... so feminine looking! I also love to add rhinestones to my button centers for a different look!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cards are just beautiful. I love the poppy pics, too! Thanks for joining US this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love coming to see your blog thanks for playing again at Unscripted Beautiful blog and cards.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The colors on your card are just beautiful! I love the textured card base. Thanks for playing along with us at Unscripted (and you can go ahead and spill the beans. ;) )

    ReplyDelete