Sunday, June 6, 2010

Lots of My Favorite Things

I have a whole lot of favorite things but for today's post, I am referring to My Favorite Things stamps. They are the sponsors this week at Card Positioning Systems sketch blog and I LOVE the set I was able to play with. I liked it so much, in fact, that I created two cards!
Woodgrain items are so popular right now in card making and scrapbooking and this little tree just grabbed my heart! It was fun to center on the red and green color scheme with the papers and colors of markers, etc.
I colored the tree a little bit with various colors of Copic markers and then gave it a spray of Glimmer Mist. The circle that forms the leaves of the tree was inked with more then one color of green stamp pads and then spritzed it with water before stamping it. The leaves are really areas in the circle that don't stamp and they are positioned just right to fit on the tree branches when the tree trunk is placed over it. I also sprayed the green circle with Glimmer Mist.
I wanted a totally different look for my second card. I simple stamped the tree, the acorn and the squirrel with black ink on kraft colored cardstock, making the tree trunk just barely fall off of my paper.
The cream colored cardstock is embossed with the letters in it, all it takes in a little bit of sanding to expose the letters better.
***
Wanna see some pics!!!
We went to a park at the beach the other day. It didn't take our grandson any time at all to get to be a pro at using this cute slide.
We did this many times!
And, just had to share this photo with you - our curious cat trying to figure out the bubbles again! This time they came so close to her and of course, she was trying to touch them.
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)
SKETCH 170a – FRIENDSHIP – SWELTERING TREE card
Materials:
Stamps – Courtesy of My Favorite Things
Cardstock – Core Essentials/Core’dinations
Patterned paper – The Thrift Shop: One-of-a-Kind and Near Mint/October Afternoon
Black Versamark stamp pad
Clear embossing powder – Stampendous
Green stamp pads – Memento
Glimmer Mist – Tattered Angels
Copic Markers
Circle punch – PaperShapers
Machine Sewing
Little heart brads – Creative Impressions
Sandpaper

SKETCH 170b – GIVE THANKS card
Materials:
Stamps – Courtesy of My Favorite Things
Cardstock – Core Essentials/Core’dinations
Patterned paper – The Thrift Shop: Last One/October Afternoon
Black Versamark stamp pad
Clear embossing powder – Stampendous
Border punch – Martha Stewart
Rub-on sentiment – Making Memories
Machine Sewing
Sandpaper
Foam tape – 3M
Tonic Paper Distresser

8 comments:

  1. LOVE how detailed that tree stamp is!! Super adorable pics too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool cards. The tree is so great...and I love the first sentiment.

    Great photos of your grandson as well. I think a crop in on your cat photo would be amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are too sweet! I've been loving my MFT stamps lately too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those cards!! I get to play with some MFT stamps too. They are so much fun. Love the fonts of the sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute cards, as always!

    Your photos are magnificent. The cat with the bubbles is a great shot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such cute cards!! Love the stamp! And those pics are GREAT! You've captured some great shots!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving that tree stamp! And your pics are gorgeous, just love the kitty and bubbles...way too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your cards!! I featured you on the Cards blog:
    http://tinyurl.com/2fduq59

    ReplyDelete