Saturday, June 19, 2010

Sketch day

It is time to show you my Card Positioning Systems sketch card and I found another sketch this week I just had to use so gotta share that too.
I just got my hands on some of these new BasicGrey papers and stickers, so they are the main part of my card for CPS sketch #172. I just love the basic designs of this collection and I loved putting the red with the blacks/whites.
The red, embossed label is a Spellbinders Nestabilities and I cut it so it looks like arrows. The embossed label is perfect with Core'dinations cardstock since you can sand it and expose the embossed areas.
For this card, I found that Cosmo Cricket and SRM stickers was having a blog hop and a sketch challenge so I pulled out some of both to give it a try. I paired the Cosmo Cricket patterns with my Cosmo Cricket Core Impressions Core'dinations cardstock - perfect match!
This photo shows a nice close-up of the embossed pattern in the cardstock. I cut out one of the shapes in the paper and added it over the matching shapes with foam tape for some added interest and to match that the sketch has three elements on the top of the card.
Here you can see how nicely the SRM sticker worked for my sentiment and I added some Cosmo Cricket alphabet stickers to it.
***
Some photos to share:
We were driving around Weed, CA - at the Oregon border - and we saw these rainbows, the most intense colors we had ever seen in a rainbow. I loved how this one appeared to be going right into the ground.
Notice this one is a double rainbow although I didn't catch the second one well. It also points right into the snow topped mountain.
I love to be on the lookout for fun road signs and thought this one was fun.
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)


SKETCH 172 – YOU’RE THE BEST card
Materials:
Cardstock – Core Essentials/Core’dinations
Patterned paper – BasicGrey and My Mind’s Eye
Label shape sticker and Rub-on sentiment - BasicGrey
Corner rounder punch – Fiskars
Label – Spellbinders/Nestabilities
Sandpaper


YOU’RE SPECIAL FRIEND card
Materials list:

Cardstock – Cosmo Cricket Core Impressions/Core’dinations
Patterned paper – Cosmo Cricket
Sentiment sticker - SRM
Sandpaper
Self adhesive rhinestones – Queen & Co.
Foam tape – 3M
Alphabet stickers – Cosmo Cricket

11 comments:

  1. wonderful cards and love your rainbow photos! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful cards! and I love the rainbow pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards. I especially like the detail in the second one. The pattern in the cardstock is just really cool.

    Love the Pair of Dice road sign. Made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. BEAUTiFUL cards!!! I saw the first one on CPS and was totally taken by it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh... that rainbow is gorgeous! Great shot! And those cards.... *sigh* stunning! I love that second one. You are brilliant at balancing texture and dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Linda, for commenting on my blog that I'm not along ;)
    Love your cards, as always, you never disappoint!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooh, LOVE that friend card! the greens are wonderful! love both of them! and great shots of the rainbow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards!!!And I love the rainbow pics too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Linda your cards are great, especially that first one! Great pic too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the You're the best card! Fun use of the sketch and love the way you used the decorative label by splitting it!! The Friend card is fun too with the gems and the use of the stickers!!! LOVE them both!

    ReplyDelete