Wednesday, June 2, 2010

A Sketch and a Circle - JustRite stamps and Copic markers

The challenge this week at JustRite Stamps has some twists to it! It is being hosted by Copic markers and along with the sketch, a circle or circles need to be part of the card. I just had to also use my Copic Markers since I soooo love using them.
If you look at the sketch that JustRite stamps provided you will be able to tell that I turned it on it's side. I often like to "think a bit outside the box" when using a sketch. I wanted my flowers to be purple so I went with a color scheme of green and purple/lavender.
That amazing card base is new Cosmo Cricket Core Impressions Core'dinations. It comes with that embossed design in it already and then I did a little bit of sanding here and there. After I finished coloring my flower and frame, I gave my image a spray of green Glimmer Mist. I like what that does to "finish" a project. I used the Bead Paint by Tulip for the little middles of the flowers and I added self adhesive pearls by Queen & Co to the circle, border design. Those white, fan-looking accents above my flower image are portions of a Martha Stewart border punch.
***
Can you say YUM! My photo is a little grouping of cupcakes in the case at the store just waiting to be bitten into!!
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

THINKING OF YOU card
Materials list:
Cardstock – Cosmo Cricket Core Impressions/Core’dinations
Patterned paper – Jillibean Soup
Stamps – Plant a Little Love set/JustRite stamps

Circle punch – Marvy
Border punch – Martha Stewart
Copic Markers
Sandpaper
Self adhesive pearls – Queen & Co.
Bead paint - Tulip
Glimmer Mist - Tattered Angels
3D Foam squares – Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L
Machine sewing

15 comments:

  1. You are teasing us with those cupcakes, they look tasty.

    Great card and all for thinking out side the square when it comes to sketches and prompts, outside the square is where the best fun can be found.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely saying YUM! *both to the cupcakes and your gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card. I have so many glimmer mists, and usually don't use them because I hate the mess, but I've got to admit I like the looks of the finished project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. absolutely gorgeous card Linda! I love the way you have colored the image!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job with the colouring. What a pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card!!! Feel free to send me a few of those cupcakes if you want! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. gosh, linda! what a gorgeous card

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Linda! So pretty - Love the sanded embossing :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is beautiful, Linda! I love everything about it from the embossed background to the little paint dots on the flowers. This is such a fabulous design and amazing little touches. So adore the Martha punches coming out the top.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the purple and green combo! The sanding on the Core'dinations is great. I want one of thos cupcakes. Head on over. Thanks for visiting me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is really pretty Linda..I think I may have to try out that cs- did u get to bite into the cupcakes? :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow - those cupcakes look soooooooooooo delicious!! geez! and love the card! BEAUTIFUL colors and great embossed background and love the circles!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cool little "crown" embellishment you made. You are so clever with how you use things Linda! I love how you are so original!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You had to post the cupcakes, didn't you?? Now I seriously want, no NEED!, a chocolate cupcake! YUM. The card is really stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card and wonderful Copic coloring, Linda! Thanks so much for playing in JustRite's challenge!

    ReplyDelete