Sunday, September 15, 2013

Stamping and Die Cutting

You know I love stamping so for this first card I turned to the Colour Q combination for my inspiration.
 I also turned to a set of Hero Arts stamps, I love this leaf stamp.  I picked out some Distress Stains that I felt fit the color combination.  Each leaf was stamped in a different color by simply inking the feather in each of the colors.  The Distress Stains are so easy to use and give a neat watercolor look.
 I also added matching dots to each leaf.
 
 
 Here is the Colour Q combination. 
(ETA) I am adding the following card to the Moxie Fab challenge to use paper tape.
 I love dies too and I wanted to use this great word "thanks" from Paper Smooches.  I also wanted to use some of the great paper tapes that I have.  I think they are so fun to use and easy too.
At first my thought was to just cut the word out of the white cardstock and then back that paper with black so the negative of the word showed off well.  For some reason I placed the cut out word back into the space it was cut out of and I really liked that look, the black background still gave a neat accent. 
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

8 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous! I loveeeeeeeee the feathers on the fist one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous collection of feathers! Thank you so much for joining us this week at the colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I love the feathers stamped in these colors! Thanks for joining us at colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the feathers...and I adore how you did the thanks on the second! So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, love those feathers, stunning! thanks for joining us at ColourQ, hugs, Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super color combo on the feather card! Love the classic black and white too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card, Linda, I love the feathers...so trendy! Thanks for playing with us at the colourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your feather card! Those colors are amazing!

    ReplyDelete