Sunday, July 20, 2014

AAA Cards challenge #12

Another week, another AAA Cards challenge.
 This week, the challenge is to use Angela's card for inspiration.  
 I found so many things about her card that I wanted to put to use. I started out with the long, skinny shape, a size I don't usually do.  Next off was that black and white background. How wonderful is that word "thanks" cut from metallic silver paper! That die is from Clearly Besotted. 
Here was where I got to pull out my grand new Tim Holtz stencil! Be sure to check out Blue Moon Scrapbooking for you supplies.  I used Distress Stain and the stencil and then when I picked up the stencil, I spritzed my piece with water because I wanted a diffused look to that design.  Those adorable flowers are stamps from Wplus9 Designs.  They also have matching dies. There isn't a die for the leaves though so I fussy cut those out.  
Be sure to take some time to play along at AAA Cards
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

6 comments:

  1. Linda, at first site your card brought a frown to my face because it is so GRAPHICALLY GORGEOUS! That background treatment and the pop with the bright flowers is mind blowing! Thank YOU for all your inspiring work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE THAT STENCIL! Looks just like a sweater. The silver accent is great too. Nice card kiddo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cozy background - it does remind me of a sweater~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adore the background to your card! Think you've got this CASE thing absolutely perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty, I can;t get my eyes off this one :) totally stunning !

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous card! I love how you made the background!

    ReplyDelete