Thursday, July 3, 2014

Sunny turquoise and yellow

I got to play along on a new-to-me challenge blog, Keep It Simple, it's all about turquoise.
 I get going and I seem to forget about the "simple" part! Oh well, I had fun and this really was a fast little creation.  Mostly because I started out stamping the large medallion images with gray ink and then used Distress Stains here and there to add my color.  Because I used watercolor paper, a little spritz of water made the colors run a bit giving it a nice effect.  
 The smaller, yellow images were inked with Distress Stain and stamped directly to the paper.  I stamped one extra smaller image and punched that out in a circle for some added interest. LOVE these stamps from Mama Elephant.  That neat word bubble is also from Mama Elephant.  
 Here is the Keep it Simple challenge.
And for a couple photos...
 This star hangs in my backyard, thought I should take a picture of it for the Fourth!
Love these flowering succulents.  These things grow like weeds! Just pretty weeds!
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

2 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! LOVING the colors!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Pretty weeds! There have been times I've let weeds grow just because they were pretty. Anyway - your card is great. I really like the colors you chose and the way you have the stamps meshed in with it. Nice!

    ReplyDelete