Sunday, July 6, 2014

AAA Cards #10 - Watercolor

Well, if you ask me what my first love in creating is right now, I would clearly say watercolor techniques so this challenge is everything I love!
At AAA Cards the challenge this week is to create with a watercolor technique!
 The watercolor paper I am using comes in a tablet that you tear the pages out of.  I used that torn, top edge as part of my card.  I first played around with some browns/oranges in Distress Stains with spritzes of water.  When this was dry, I took a dot stencil and some gold embossing paste and added a few dots.  I love the fun accent this adds.
I stamped this really cute coffee cup stamp from Endless Creations.  It is colored with Copic markers and I cut out the band from a piece of watercolor paper that I colored with more Distress Stains and a stencil.  The tag is from Avery Elle, the sentiment from Endless Creations.
Thanks for visiting and be sure to play along at AAA Cards,
Linda (lbpost)

5 comments:

  1. Love how your card looks like coffee has spilled out of the cup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I have my third cup of coffee while I enjoy your fantastic coffee/watercoloring, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card from our house queen of watercolors! I love ALL the watercolor cards you do. And boy oh boy it's a fun technique! hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. TOTALLY love that your bg looks like spilled coffee! I love me any coffee card, but this is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect! coffee card : ) among the BEST I've ever seen!!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete