Monday, July 28, 2014

The embossing paste journey

I love to experiment and to just sit and play with my crafting supplies.  I always learn so much, sometimes failures, most of the time victories.  
 I picked up some Crackle embossing paste and so I wanted to see how I could use it. I started out with the matte black embossing paste and a stencil.  It looks bad here so I wanted to be sure to show you that fun step!
 In removing the stencil, it is almost breathtaking the beauty that is unveiled.  This was left to dry. It could even be left just like this too.
I put the stencil back in place and gave my leaves a coat of the Crackle embossing paste.  That goes on white and the cracks are revealed as it dries.  I then took some Worn Lipstick Distress Stain and started adding color over the entire surface.  Again, I left this to dry. The color here is a little bit too orange from the real color.
 Here is the finished card.  I thought it ended up being a fun mix of colors and techniques.
 The fancy circles pieces are cut with Spellbinders Nestabilities with an vellum kind of paper.  The amazing black leaves are a Waltzing Mouse stamp and the label sentiment stamp is from Altenew.  The color combination was to go along with the Colour Me challenge but that has ended.  
 The card fits the Simon Says Emboss IT challenge.
And the Addicted to CAS Celebrate challenge.
And for a photo...
This is a new plant to our yard this summer, it just opened it firsts "flower".  Kind of odd but actually pretty artistic.
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

5 comments:

  1. That's an amazing result ! I was looking for different pastes, I think I'm gonna try this one ! TFS !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Work of ART, Linda! I love the cracking effect and how you used the stencil...It's so fun to see your creative process! Beautifully done! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge! Hope you are enjoying summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing! I loved the first view of the stark black leaves -- fun playing with supplies huh? :) Thanks for joining in with ATCAS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. TFS the process you used to create this card, what an awesome result, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You're like a mad watercoloring scientist! So neat and cool! xx

    ReplyDelete