Sunday, July 27, 2014

AAA Cards challenge - Shaker cards

The AAA Cards challenge for this week is to create a shaker style card.
 This is so not a technique that I usually try, but can I say I had fun! Hope you will play along too. Plus there is a very nice prize available.
 For my card, I went with a brand new set of dies from Spellbinders.  When I saw these cute clouds and the sun dies, I knew I had to have them.  Not to mention there is a piece that allows you to emboss a design or not.  The sentiment is from Printworks.
 I knew that a cut out cloud would be the perfect start to my shaker card.  I only wish I had put more little sequins in it, but that is part of the learning as you go kind of thing.
 Notice that I also just embossed one of the clouds with the little pattern piece in it.  
And for a photo...
We visited a park this week with the best Koi pond.  I could take tons of pictures of these beauties.
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

6 comments:

  1. Your card is just so sunny and cheerful. Loving the cloud shaker box and the koi fish are beautiful.
    {Would love you to visit my blog and join my 900 Follower Give-Away. Thank you so much, if you have already entered, and good luck.}
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute that the clouds look "full of rain" :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant idea to make the shaker a cloud!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Charming shaker card, very original. So neat how you add these interesting photos to your blog posts. It's like your "standout" amongst other blogs. You are one of my most favorite card makers! Cheers sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card with those fun dies!

    ReplyDelete