Monday, July 21, 2014

Paint and Stencils

I love experimenting and so my card for today is a result of some of that and it fits the Freshly Made sketch
 I took plain white craft paint and with my finger, spread that over a dot stencil on white cardstock.  I left that to thoroughly dry and then colored it with some Distress Stains.  I also spritzed it with water because I was using watercolor paper and the water helps the inks to blend. The paint acted as a resist to the red color.  I just needed to take a clean cloth and wipe off the excess color. 
 That neat pointed circle is a Spellbinders die, see the added embossed line and the sentiment is from Printworks.  
Here is the Freshly Made sketch.
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

4 comments:

  1. the splotchy dots are wonderful for the background! Great technique! And they look terrific on red! Thanks for joining us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The white stenciling on red really pops out :) awesome design !

    ReplyDelete